Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #436
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
I'm currently reading The Infection by Craig DiLouie. It's like 28 Days Later mixed with King's The Mist. God, what a dark and dreary novel. It's very good and very well written but boy is it depressing.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #437
Bigphil
Bigphil began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone....kindle app
I would like to suggest reading The white flag of the Dead, 5 books so far out of 7 Written by Joseph Talluto.

White Flag of the Dead Book 1: Surrender of the Living. How would you expect the world to end? Would it be in a searing flash of light? Perhaps through the accumulated destruction of natural disasters? Or will it end with a gasp, a final surrender of life? Millions died when the Enillo Virus swept the earth. Millions more were lost when the victims of the plague refused to stay dead, instead rising to slay and feed on those left alive. For survivors like John Talon and his infant son Jake, they are faced with a choice: Do they submit to the dead, raising the white flag of surrender? Or do they find the will to fight, to try and hang on to the last shreds or humanity?

Thank heavens i found this thread, so many titles im looking at now and to fix my need for BRAINS. Thanks guys.
Bigphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #438
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Reading Mira Grant's Newsflesh Trilogy recommended several times in this thread (about half liked it and half didn't).

I'm on the 3rd and last book and finding it entertaining.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #439
jess1ca
jess1ca began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I finished "The Remaining" by D.J. Molles a few days ago and definitely recommend it. It's a great zombie read and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm currently reading the second book which is "The Remaining: Aftermath."
jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #440
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo is hilarious; I mean laugh out loud funny - in between the shudders of revolting zombie mayhem...

The AB version is well read by Sean Runnette.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #441
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo is hilarious; I mean laugh out loud funny - in between the shudders of revolting zombie mayhem...

The AB version is well read by Sean Runnette.
Up to book 4 of Zombie Fallout....
What are the rest of you reading? I can't support this genre all by myself!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #442
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Love Mark Tufo. Currently on the wait list for books 3 and 4 at my local library.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #443
DianNC
Banned

I'm thinking of getting Isaac Marion's zombie book, Warm Bodies, from amazon (no luck at any of my libraries). This is how he describes himself...

Quote:
I've written a few books, but most of them are terrible. Warm Bodies is the only one so far that's worth your time. I'm about to turn 30. I'm 6'3. White. Left handed. Mildly bearded. I write strange stories about strange events, often from the perspectives of strange things. I apologize in advance for any injury or inconvenience.
I saw the movie trailer today. Looks like it might be fun as well
Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #444
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Currently reading (listening to, actually) Survivors, book #3 in the Morningstar Strain trilogy by Z A Recht. All three have been an enjoyable romp.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #445
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Anyone read Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End by Manel Lourerio? I haven't read it but I keep hearing how it's the best zombie book and such.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #446
DianNC
Banned

I also had a good time with Jonathan Maberry's Joe Ledger Series. The first book, Patient Zero, deals with zombies and the last (so far), Assassin's Code, is about vampires

He has another in the series due out in March, 2013. Very fast, very fun reads.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #447
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading
trksh22 is on a distinguished road

Device: K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I also had a good time with Jonathan Maberry's Joe Ledger Series. The first book, Patient Zero, deals with zombies and the last (so far), Assassin's Code, is about vampires

'

The Joe Ledger audiobooks are really good as well. I loved them. Joe Ledger is a beast!

Also, I do recommend Warm Bodies. I enjoyed reading it. It was different from the usual zombie reads. I'm excited about the movie. Has anyone seen the trailer for World War Z? Doesn't look too much like the book. And the zombies are fast!! Noooo.
trksh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #448
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Currently reading (listening to, actually) Survivors, book #3 in the Morningstar Strain trilogy by Z A Recht. All three have been an enjoyable romp.

I gave up on book 3, just went on and on... Whoever took over for Recht forgot that every scene has to move the story forward.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #449
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trksh22 View Post
'

The Joe Ledger audiobooks are really good as well. I loved them. Joe Ledger is a beast!
Ray Porter, the narrator, is brilliant as well. I lost count at 19 different character voices...
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #450
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post

There's another book by Maberry, Dead of Night, is also really good - kind of a female Joe Ledger story.