Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #31
Phebe
Connoisseur
Phebe doesn't litterPhebe doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500 and Kindle 2 and iPad and iPhone
Readers in tubs

I have an even easier solution. Just don't read in the tub.

Too Draconian. We HAVE to read in the tub. It's what long baths are FOR, unless there is urgent thinking to do.

So far I'm maintaining a library of paper books to save to read in the tub.

(I almost typed "real" books instead of paper, but interestingly, I didn't --- what is a book, a country, a church? Not the paper, the land, or the building.)
Phebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:24 PM   #32
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Sometimes reading in the tub is the only way to get away from the pressures of the rest of the family. We have a small shelf next to the bathroom that contains everyones present reads. One day it might not be necessary anymore. I envision a telescopic arm on a wall, just like the ones on vanity mirrors, that moves from the tub to the cabinet where a reader is permanent. Slip in an SD and you're set for good times!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2006, 05:02 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Audio books are a lot more convenient for the bath or shower .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #34
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
"Audio books are a lot more convenient for the bath or shower."

You might as well call up phone sex over speakerphone.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:39 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audio books are, to my mind, great in situations where one isn't free to use one's hands or eyes, such as when driving, or taking a bath. They certainly don't provide the same experience as reading but it is, nonetheless, one which I personally find enjoyable. Audio books are the reason I have an iPod. To use your analogy, phone sex may not be as good as the real thing, but it's better than nothing .
Advert
Old 12-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #36
BettyE
Connoisseur
BettyE doesn't litterBettyE doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook / Sony PRS-500 / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Audio books are, to my mind, great in situations where one isn't free to use one's hands or eyes, such as when driving, or taking a bath. They certainly don't provide the same experience as reading but it is, nonetheless, one which I personally find enjoyable.
Harry - I agree. Audio books serve a purpose. I use them when I am exercising and, lots of times, I am so hooked, I still listen in the car driving home from the gym.

Betty
BettyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #37
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Audio books require a certain degree of concentration. I don't recommend them in a car, just as cell phones.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:45 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Audio books require a certain degree of concentration. I don't recommend them in a car, just as cell phones.
I find personally, when I'm on a long journey, the fact that they do require a certain amount of concentration is a benefit, because they stop me from falling asleep. They keep me alert while driving.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:55 PM   #39
SethFriedman
SethFriedman began at the beginning.

Waterproof bag

The EWA-Marine DU-2 is a good fit and works well. I have used it with the reader and have no worries about water.

Ewa Marine DU-2
SethFriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:20 AM   #40
L1Wulf
Enthusiast
L1Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I find personally, when I'm on a long journey, the fact that they do require a certain amount of concentration is a benefit, because they stop me from falling asleep. They keep me alert while driving.
My thoughts exactly! I've done extensive cross state driving (field service) and audiobooks can be a godsend! Give me a stretch of road, some Spitz sunflower seeds and a nice long audiobook or two and I'm set for a full day of driving. (yes, I am insane enough that I have driven much longer than eight hours per day. I would be somewhat embarrassed to mention just how long )
L1Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:17 AM   #41
Archaegeo
Archaegeo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Yea! Tub readers unite!

TIR? (Total Immerision Readers)
TR (Tub Readers) (Seems boring)
BEER! (Bathtub Electronic Endurance Readers!)
Archaegeo is offline   Reply With Quote