Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
edhasted
edhasted began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
Adding formats to a book?

When I take this option in "Edit Metadata" where do I find the formats from?
Am I meant to download them???

I want to convert an HTML doc to other formats but presume I need these formats to do so.

Many thanks,

EH
edhasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
When you convert an HTML document to any of calibre's supported output formats it will create the format and link it to the calibre database in the same record as the source document. You don't need these formats to do the conversion.

Adding formats is useful if you already have multiple formats of a book somewhere on your computer, (e.g. by downloading), and you want to keep them together under a single book entry in calibre.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Agama is correct
There may be cases where CONVERSION presents a less optimal rendering and you wish to keep a finely crafted copy in the particular format.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
edhasted
edhasted began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
This is confusing the hell out of me. I'm sure it's so simple once you know what you're doing. As I understand it Calibre is a management and Conversion programme. So if I have my master document that I have been advised to kjeep in HTML and edit in word how do I convert it to the other formats so it can be read on other devices. I apologise for what must be coming across as extreme naievety. Many thanks, EH
edhasted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book formats, calibre, metabata