Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
myriddin1
myriddin1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Humor/Parody "Pretending to Love" Free 10/08/12 to 10/12/12

A facetious guide to navigating the perils and pitfalls of a modern relationship, Pretending to Love will teach you how to attract the right sort of partner, trick them into liking you, manipulate their feelings to suit your own needs, and then dump them in an appropriate fashion when you get bored and/or hungry.

Full of useful information such as:
How to Get Your Own Way
Improving Your Partner Through the Power of Nagging
Meeting Your Partner’s Hot Friends
Why Honesty is the Worst Policy

But don’t just take my word for it! Have a look at what other people have said about Pretending to Love:

“Very slightly amusing.”
“Good for reading on the toilet.”
“Not as terrible as I expected!”

High praise? Perhaps! Read Pretending to Love and decide for yourself!

http://www.amazon.com/Pretending-Lov...dp/B0099HFADC/
myriddin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
kept me grinning plus some actual LOLs

the part that stuck with me:

"Q: Is it better to make your girlfriend miserable or to let your girlfriend make you miserable?

A: That's outmoded thinking! This is the new millennium we are living in. It's perfectly acceptable to make each other miserable. Remember: A relationship is a partnership."

and extra points for quoting quentin crisp!

Last edited by basschick; 10-09-2012 at 02:46 AM.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
myriddin1

Hehehe thanks lovely! It was lots of fun to write. . . even if everyone thinks I'm a sociopath now. . :-)
Old 10-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
A fast reading full of pleasure. Trully well-conceived comics (well made would imply better graphics, not that it is relevant) and, mainly, so instructive, as humours blows the self defense and so we catch the meanings more easily.

Thank your for the gift, even though it ruins your argument! ("you either unwarily spent money to purchase this ridiculous book. Q.E.D.") (location 914)
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
myriddin1

Thanks Antoinekamel! It was fun to write, so I'm glad that people are enjoying reading it!

Any chance that I could get you to post something like that as a review on Amazon? It would really help me get some new readers! :-)
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
This appears to be free for Amazon Prime members only; otherwise $2.99.
I may pick it up anyway...
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ebook, free, humor, kindle