Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
akitio
akitio began at the beginning.

Device: none
Gloves for chilly hand?!

Hi all,

I saw a pairs of gloves for touch screen in Wel-mart for 17 dollars. My hands are always cold in the morning, and regular glove won't work on the my ipad. just want to see how you feel about the gloves before i buy it.

How is the sensitivity compare to normal use?

Is almost 20 dollars after tax worth it?

Angelo.
akitio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
I bought my wife a pair and she loves them. They work great on her Storm 2. I just wish they'd had them in mens.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
besides preventing cold, should also go a long way towards cleaner displays...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
My wife loves her gloves with no fingertips, like something out of a Dickens novel. I found a knitted pair for $12 at a local store.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/e76e/
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
akitio

ha, those Digit looks cool, how does it feel for your fingers when is held up by safety pin.

gloves with no finger tip don't fit into my business look :P

going start shopping online, will keep you updated
akitio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Have you tried simple dollar-store cotton gloves without fingers?
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
The nitrile latex gloves I wear in the lab work fine on my phone's touch screen, and they're warmer than nothing. They're also an attractive shade of bright purple.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #9
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
I bought a £1 pair of fleece gloves and cut the finger tips off. Works really well and if you don't need to use all the fingers on the touch screen then don't cut all the tips off. I only remove the thumb and index finger on the right hand.

If I lose them it doesn't matter as I'll just buy another £1 pair. Plus I have about 6-7 different colours.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
And this is why I prefer resistive screens... I never have problems working my touchscreen even with the thickest gloves!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And this is why I prefer resistive screens... I never have problems working my touchscreen even with the thickest gloves!
I always kept my resistive touchscreen devices safely in an inner pocket if it was cold enough for thick gloves (of course, people's thermostats vary; I'm talking about down in the 40's Fahrenheit or below). I've seen too many reports of screens getting permanently damaged at low temperatures.

I'm not sure about the effects of cold on capacitative screens; never seen anything about it. Seems like condensation, at least, would be a problem with any electronic device subjected to rapid temperature changes, though.

Last edited by wayrad; 02-17-2011 at 07:20 AM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
akitio

wish they were made for ipad!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	michael_jackson.jpg.pagespeed.ce._jIMu_u1Ao.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	66902