Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Kraut55
Kraut55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Pdf Files don't show

I updated my Kindle to the new firmware and dragged/dropped pdf-Files into the document folder. They do not show up anywhere, no matter if I try portrait or landscape mode. Do the pdf-files maybe need a special folder?
Thanks.
Kraut55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
In your home screen, make sure you select 'show all documents' which is located up the top of the home screen (where you change from book title to author view'.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
MetaMs
MetaMs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have the same problem. I just got my Kindle on Friday. It shouldn't need any upgrades, right? I have added a pdf file via USB from my computer, however I cannot find the pdf in the Kindle. Viewing it via USB shows the pdf is there. How do I open it for reading?
MetaMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
rsullivan
rsullivan began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Can't upload PDF's

I'm also having the same problem.
I dragged them into the "documents folder. When I connect the kindle to the computer the .pdfs clearly show there.

On the Kindle - I look under personal....I look under "show all" but I don't see them. I then tried the 'email approach and that did not work either.
rsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaMs View Post
I have the same problem. I just got my Kindle on Friday. It shouldn't need any upgrades, right? I have added a pdf file via USB from my computer, however I cannot find the pdf in the Kindle. Viewing it via USB shows the pdf is there. How do I open it for reading?
You may need to upgrade manually. The 2.3 update does not hit all Kindles at once, it rolls out. It may not have hit your Kindle yet.

Here is how to check. From the home page click the menu button then select "settings". On , the settings page look at the bottom of the screen if you have version less than 2.3, you need to update to use pdfs on your Kindle.

The manual update instructions can be found here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert