Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Chasing the Light - Steve Jordan's newest e-book is out!

Author and MobileRead member Steve Jordan has just release another e-book for your enjoyment. Chasing the Light is DRM-free and available for only $2.50 in the following formats...
  • ePub (!)
  • eReader/ Palm Doc
  • MobiPocket
  • MS Reader
  • RTF
  • Sony Reader
Quote:
Tom Everson, forced to flee his home during the 2011 oil riots, returns eight years later to find the girl he had to leave behind, start a business and make a life for them both. But he had to sneak into the country illegally, the energy situation has only gotten worse, and the country may break out in more riots at any time! Did Tom arrive at exactly the wrong moment?

Note: Chasing the Light includes adult subjects and language. Some passages are considered inappropriate for minors.
Steve's writing is always high quality and thoughtful. If you're looking for a new book and a DRM-free author to support, give it a try!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Daig, you're fast! No sooner do I create my own news item, and you get one up first! You da man!!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Well done Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Daig, you're fast! No sooner do I create my own news item, and you get one up first! You da man!!
Nice to see someone knows about Peak Oil and its ramifications. will buy the book this week while I still have a job....

hidari
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Now that I've got my new (and only) e-reader, I will give The Onuissance Cells a chance (as soon as I finish reading the current ebook). If I like it, I'll surely buy this Chasing the Light. Excelent price.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
will buy the book this week while I still have a job....
Hope you enjoy it! (Sorry about the job...)
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Now as I recall from last time I bought one of your ebooks I'm left patiently waiting to get an email that will explain how to download my purchase right?

Feedback: it would be nice if you had Paypal take customers to a web page that clearly explains: what is next, how exactly you'll get your goodie.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
Now as I recall from last time I bought one of your ebooks I'm left patiently waiting to get an email that will explain how to download my purchase right?
Right... and as it turns out, Paypal seems to be having e-mail issues for some. I'm looking into it, now.

Quote:
Feedback: it would be nice if you had Paypal take customers to a web page that clearly explains: what is next, how exactly you'll get your goodie.
Something else I need to look into!

Edit: For some reason, PayPal is having issues processing foreign orders, based on the reports I've gotten from foreign purchasers who did not get their download. It doesn't seem to be happening to everyone, though, so I'll have to check further with PayPal on this.

If you don't get your download e-mail within a few minutes of purchasing, contact me directly at stevej@stevejordanbooks.com, and I'll make sure you get your book!

Edit- Edit: I believe I've taken care of the problem.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 06-29-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Download problems - progress report.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #8
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Edit: For some reason, PayPal is having issues processing foreign orders, based on the reports I've gotten from foreign purchasers who did not get their download. It doesn't seem to be happening to everyone, though, so I'll have to check further with PayPal on this.
I may live in the People's Republic of Washington but last I checked it's still physically in the United States. I sent you a "I want my goodie and read it too!" email from my Paypal registered email account.

You fool around with ePub and look what happens...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I may live in the People's Republic of Washington but last I checked it's still physically in the United States. I sent you a "I want my goodie and read it too!" email from my Paypal registered email account.
You're right... turns out it wasn't restricted to foreign accounts.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Now that I've got my new (and only) e-reader, I will give The Onuissance Cells a chance .
I think you will be pleasantly surprised. As much as I whine for more Kestral Voyages... Onuissance is incredible.

My favorite is "Harlequin", it is a great tribute to Harlan Ellison's Repent, Harlequin! Said the Tick tock man.

And, it is one book that gains after every rereading. The way Jordan handles the topic of being "black" is amazing, and unique.

A great book, IMHO.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #11
pieter
Connoisseur
pieter will become famous soon enoughpieter will become famous soon enoughpieter will become famous soon enoughpieter will become famous soon enoughpieter will become famous soon enoughpieter will become famous soon enough

Device: CyBook Gen3
Wow, that's an amazing price, Steve. We've clashed a couple of times on these boards on IP issues, but I never realised you were actually one of those authors that had fair prices (incredibly fair actually).
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #12
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter View Post
Wow, that's an amazing price, Steve. We've clashed a couple of times on these boards on IP issues, but I never realised you were actually one of those authors that had fair prices (incredibly fair actually).
Yes, those signatures under each person's post are incredibly hard to find ...
SCNR
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:59 AM   #13
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I have really enjoyed your Steve's books and then down went my reader just as soon as i bought one of the bundles. Should get a new reader soon and then will catch up and get this latest book.

Fair prices? Hell yes.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #14
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
There still seem to be some problems with the download email. I just ordered the "perfect bundle" and "Chasing the Light". Still no download mail three hours later.
I have already written an email to Steve.

I Loved "The Onnuisance Cells" and I'm looking forward to reading the rest
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
There still seem to be some problems with the download email. I just ordered the "perfect bundle" and "Chasing the Light". Still no download mail three hours later.
I have already written an email to Steve.
Yup, the books are on the way, Joerg!

I apologize to everyone about these weird download problems. I was rushed in getting everything together, but I thought everything was working fine when I announced. But I'll get it fixed (if, for no other reason, than I don't want to be worrying about this during my vacation!).

And to everyone else: Thanks so much for the kind words!