Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
Although the bezel colors differ, I really don't detect any difference in reading ease or eye strain between my 2012 K4B and my graphite 2010 KK3G. I don't think I'd like a bright-colored cover that butted up against the screen, though.
It depends on the K3. eInk varies. My K3 comes very close to the K4B I own. The K4B is just a tad better. I got to see my Brother in law's K3 this last weekend. It's the first K3 I've seen besides mine. He's contrast was noticeably different then mine. His text was Dark gray or off black. Mine is black. The background screen seem to be the same though. It wasn't one of those grey tinted screens like the K4S has.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #32
jeffrx
jeffrx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle NT 4B
I have read reviews that the buttons on the Black K4 are easier than the Silver K4 and I have read reviews that said it was the other way around. I had the silver K4 that I gave to my daughter because the buttons were so hard to push. I have a spinal cord injury and very weak hands so this is an important issue for me. What's the verdict here?
jeffrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrx View Post
I have read reviews that the buttons on the Black K4 are easier than the Silver K4 and I have read reviews that said it was the other way around. I had the silver K4 that I gave to my daughter because the buttons were so hard to push. I have a spinal cord injury and very weak hands so this is an important issue for me. What's the verdict here?
Mine are easy to push. I couldn't read one handed without a case using the K4S on both that I own. The K4B button's are easy to push. Maybe too easy. I have accidentally turn the page a few times.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
I like my KK's page turn buttons much better than the K4. It's hard for me to hold my K4B in one hand and use the same hand to turn the pages, which is annoying when I'm trying to keep my other hand warm (under covers or lap rug) here on the Last Frontier.
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
I like my KK's page turn buttons much better than the K4. It's hard for me to hold my K4B in one hand and use the same hand to turn the pages, which is annoying when I'm trying to keep my other hand warm (under covers or lap rug) here on the Last Frontier.
I have tiny hands and have no problem reading one handed.
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #36
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I just picked up a K4 black, and comparing to my K4 silver, and PW the K4 black has the best contrast. I've used plenty of ereaders, and the K4 black has by far the best contrast. I like it! I should have listened to Blossom earlier.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I just picked up a K4 black, and comparing to my K4 silver, and PW the K4 black has the best contrast. I've used plenty of ereaders, and the K4 black has by far the best contrast. I like it! I should have listened to Blossom earlier.
Blossom knows best. Kidding people!

Enjoy your new Kindle! I haven't had time to read on mine lately. After Tuesday I should be able to get everything back to normal.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #38
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have tiny hands and have no problem reading one handed.
I read all the time on mine one handed.
By the way, I love the K4NTB!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #39
Sharone
Enthusiast
Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle (3) Keyboard
Cover?

Hi, I know this is off topic, but how is the Amazon cover for the K4? I would really like to get a black after all the high praises from Blossom. But the cover quality seems to not be on-par with the KK's cover.

Feel free to PM me your opinions as well.

Thanks!
Sharone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #40
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It does feel very good in hand, you have perception that you are really holding leather. Trouble is that like real smooth leather, it can be scratched easy if you put it in the bag with keys or something similar. But overall, I liked my Kindle Touch case(same design and material as K4 case), it provides good grip and nice fell, just the thing you would expect from case.
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #41
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Thanks all for the feedback on the new black Kindle. My particular Kindle Touch screen was not as contrasty as our Kindle Keyboard, so we just kept the Keyboard and returned the Touch. I'm thinking of adding another Kindle and the Kindle Black seems like a good bet.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
Thanks all for the feedback on the new black Kindle. My particular Kindle Touch screen was not as contrasty as our Kindle Keyboard, so we just kept the Keyboard and returned the Touch. I'm thinking of adding another Kindle and the Kindle Black seems like a good bet.
The contrast on the K4B is right up there with the K3. Mine is better than my K3. I've only seen two K3s in real life and my K4B beat them both.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #43
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
Hello oldbook...

Go back and re-read your first post. Ignore everything that came after.

If you have to turn handsprings to make one seem better than the other, then the difference is irrelevant. I am not even going to comment on which (if either) of the two looked better in your various pics.

Just enjoy your Kindles, either or both of them, as the mood takes you.
THIS!!!
Exactly my thoughts.
If there is a difference, it's irrelevantly minor.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote