Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #31
BrianG8
BrianG8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjeff View Post
I've put it on my dropbox. Check if you can get access to it.
Unzipping with WinRar comes up corrupt file.

Redownloaded and tried again with 7 Zip.

Still comes up with CRC Failed. File is broken.

Maybe try and upload it without compression?

Last edited by BrianG8; 08-10-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: URL
BrianG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG8 View Post
Unzipping with WinRar comes up corrupt file.

Redownloaded and tried again with 7 Zip.

Still comes up with CRC Failed. File is broken.

Maybe try and upload it without compression?
I just downloaded it and it is good. You must be having problems with your internet connection or a poorly behaving bulk downloader program. Turn off any download accelerators and just let the browser download it.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #33
BrianG8

I've tried downloading it on 3 different computers.
Win7 64bit/32bit and WinXP Pro (Freshly installed) - Fails CRC on all 3.
Downloading pretty quick at close to 2MB/s

I'm beginning to think this is not ment to be for me. {pounding head against keyboard}

I appreciate you guys trying to help me. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG8 View Post
I'm beginning to think this is not ment to be for me. {pounding head against keyboard}
It does not appear to be meant for anyone:
Code:
core2quad Downloads $ unzip -t mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip
Archive:  mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip
    testing: mmcblk0p1.img            bad CRC fb5ad0ed  (should be 1de996c8)
At least one error was detected in mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip.
and:
Code:
core2quad Downloads $ 7z t mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip

7-Zip 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18
p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,4 CPUs)

Processing archive: mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip

Testing     mmcblk0p1.img     CRC Failed

Sub items Errors: 1
Although that does not explain how GM was unable to detect the same error.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #35
BrianG8

I have to say, after 3 days of trying to fix my wifes kindle.
That Nexus 7 is looking really good right now.. lol
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #36
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

7zip test said my download is good. Intermittent server errors?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #37
rbl
rbl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I get the same error.
rbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #38
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That domain is probably served by a cluster of servers and at least one of them thinks that anything *.zip must contain text files.

If someone re-posts this file, I suggest that they gzip it, servers (not even win-servers) mess with *.gz files.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #39
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
^this

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If someone re-posts this file, I suggest that they gzip it, servers (not even win-servers) mess with *.gz files.
^ this. I had a similar experience early on using MR. Agree with this.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #40
geekmaster

I downloaded again on another computer and it is good too.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #41
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I downloaded again on another computer and it is good too.
The strangeness continues . . . .
I downloaded it three more times - each time using a different download tool (and monitoring my modem's line-state report).

All three report not only a checksum error, but the **same** checksum error!

I am going for it being a (physically diverse) server cluster with one or more of them having a bad copy of the image or a bad configuration.

I.E: GM is about 1,200 miles away from me - and probably is being routed to the "closest" member of the cluster, a different member than the one I am reaching.

I would now suggest that somebody push the known good copy to some other hosting service.

Edit:
I just tried downloading it to the KeK resource server (on west coast of country) - same, identical, checksum error.
The only difference seen - from the KeK server its only a 2 minute download.

I also have a server physically located within a few hundred miles of GM - but I don't have enough disk space on that one for the image.

Last edited by knc1; 08-10-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #42
geekmaster

I just downloaded again, and this time it has a CRC error. The error may not be geographic.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #43
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I just downloaded again, and this time it has a CRC error. The error may not be geographic.
Whatever it is - it is extra strange.
If the KeK server was mangling bits in-bound or out-bound, I would have heard about a long time ago.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #44
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
After hours of hard work (the computer was doing most of it) i found dasmoover's original image. Should i still upload it somewhere?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #45
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
After hours of hard work (the computer was doing most of it) i found dasmoover's original image. Should i still upload it somewhere?
Yes

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3