Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #436
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
The Annotations plugin fetches highlights and notes from Marvin, an ios ePub reader.
Anything that does the same with iBooks highlights/ annotations?
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #437
fenuks
Enthusiast
fenuks began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Calibre Evernote plugin

I think most of you heard about Evernote. This is great service, but there is no option to export your notes (preferably to ePub). Fortunately Evernote provides API which is very good (Python is supported). Evernote notes are basically written as HTML with few Evernode-specific tags. I wrote simple Evernote to XHTML converter, just to check is it possible to write evernote2epub converter. I'm not much into calibre plugins developing (does calibre provide library to make an epub from few xhtml files?), so I want to ask if someone want to provide such plugin. Idea is that plugin would download and convert to epub all notes with specific tag, e.g. epub on user request. Plugin should also check if notes were updated (on user request). It's easy since Evernote Note object has last edition date.

Below is my simple converter. It was tested with Evernote sandbox and Linux. Calibre plugin will require developer key, but it's free (you need register to obtain key). Converter is saved in evernote-sdk-python/sample/client/ directory. If you have any question I will be happy to answer. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip evernote2xhtml.zip (334.6 KB, 232 views)

Last edited by fenuks; 03-27-2013 at 05:57 PM.
fenuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 AM   #438
jungelbobo
jungelbobo began at the beginning.

desperately need a plugin to change the encoding of a epub.
Basically, my main need is to convert simplified Chinese book to traditional Chinese book.
that would be GB2312-> BIG5 or UTF8
Hope, someone can help
jungelbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #439
TMF
Enthusiast
TMF began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi, I'd appreciate (and donate for) a plugin to help managing CBR comics collections. Specifically, converting CBR (RAR archives) to CBZ (ZIP archives), to allow editing them without third-party software, and merging CBZ files into one omnibus file, similar to the EPUBmerge plugin.
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #440
Ayoun-TehNoe
ME-and-My-FrontLight
Ayoun-TehNoe began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey FrontLight
Hi there,

I'm new to calibre and updated it today. Haven't worked much with it yet, but what I couldn't find definitely is a plug-in to handle DRM-Files which I'm owning and can read on my FrontLight.

I'm not able to install Adobe Digital Editions on my Computer and had a look out for alternatives and found Calibre and it works wonderfull with the DRM-free files. But I want to authorize myself, to handle my bought eBooks on my PC as well and Authorize my PC with my Adobe-ID ... So I would really appreciate if any of you who's able to do so would write a plug-in to handle DRM-Files lawfully.
Ayoun-TehNoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #441
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Detailed DRM-removal advice it not permitted at MobileRead.

I can suggest that you should google Apprentice Alf's Blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #442
msup
msup began at the beginning.

Device: android
It would be great to have a support for google books - to synchronize with items in google books & to find a match in the library.

rationale: I am using google books to do a research on book of specific category, so sometimes it's good to know if it's not in my local library already.
msup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #443
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
I'd like to see a Plugin for manga like a manga viewer I don't really want a different app to manage my manga collection. Calibre needs this plugin! I'd also want it to separate the manga from the books/novels I wouldn't want them lumped in together.

Look at these to get an idea of what I'm thinking =)
MangaMeeya
http://www.mydailymanga.com/2008/06/...-reading-tool/
Honey View
http://www.honeyview.org/
CDisplay
http://www.cdisplay.me/
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #444
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
I'd also want it to separate the manga from the books/novels I wouldn't want them lumped in together.
This is already a feature, tag your books appropriately and use the Virtual Libraries feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #445
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
This is already a feature, tag your books appropriately and use the Virtual Libraries feature.
All I needed to do was convert to CBZ!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #446
subucula
subucula began at the beginning.

Device: none
A plugin that uploads and syncs the Calibre library with the newly announced Personal Upload feature in Google Books (http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/15/g...-user-uploads/) would be really great.
subucula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:48 AM   #447
Cralex
Cralex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3+3G G090 G205 (Jailbroken)
I don't know much about python or the workings of the plugin system, but here's something that I'd like to see: A Self-Voicing Plugin that would enable blind users to easily access the UI.

I am aware that Calibre uses Qt, which is known for its incompatibility with conventional screen reading programs such as JAWS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAWS_(screen_reader)) and VoiceOver(http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/). My hope would be to use something like pyttsx (a cross-platform python library for text-to-speech http://github.com/parente/pyttsx to allow this excellent program to speak for itself.

For this to work, the plugin would need to be able to access the menus, text boxes, preferences, etc. and would need to be able to output sound, and optimally contain controls for speech pitch and speech rate.

Sorry if this isn't possible. I just know that this would help blind users get into this amazing application!

Edit: Thanks, itimpi for the clarification. Oh well...

Last edited by Cralex; 05-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Cralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #448
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Plugins in Calibre do not have this sort of capability as that is not the level they are plugged into Calibre..

The only way this could work is to get something that works with Qt and you said that is unlikely.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #449
KayLee
Zealot

PDF to EPUB converter!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #450
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
A situation I often run into, especially with Cook Books, is the size of the images. Publishers seem to assume that you want to view the books either on a PC or a tablet with a high resolution, colour display, and this leads to the images in the ePubs being quite large (400 k and up).

What I tend to do is to use the Tweak function to explode the ePub, then Irfanview to re-sample all the images, retaining their dimensions but lowering their quality, and finally, letting the Tweak function rebuilt the ePub.

It would be far simpler if a plugin existed that could handle this, possibly with criteria to handle the selection of which images to re-sample, and maybe even the ability to convert images from colour to black and white.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development