Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #256
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
These are already posted in this thread. They are the Avon's monthly keyword sale.

Affiliate links are not allowed here. I don't want you to get into trouble. If you need to post an Affiliate link you must start your own thread and let everyone know what they are. See This thread here for me info.
Maybe I'm missing something, but where did she post an affiliate link?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #257
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but where did she post an affiliate link?
The link posted is to a blog which contains affiliate links.
I don't know if she is part of the blog or not but I'm pretty sure that isn't allowed I may be wrong. I've seen blogs links like this removed in past threads. You can mention the name to google I think but that's it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #258
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
How ya doing with those HQNs, Blossom. Mine are still there....languishing in the TBR pile. :-)
Umm same here. I haven't been in a HQ mood this year. I've really expanded my romance reading to other books. No Historical books this year either. Right now I am on a indie YA kick believe it or not. I just finished Beautiful Disaster, The Mighty Storm, Effortless and Easy. BD was one of the best books I've read this year. I'm still making my way through Kristen Ashley's books. I just started Perfect Chemistry which a YA book set in High School. I don't usually read YA but this one intrigues me. The best thing is most of these are from the Lending program so I'm not out any money.

I think it's the whole first person POV I am hooked on. I know most UF does this but I haven't really been in a paranormal mood lately.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #259
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
The link posted is to a blog which contains affiliate links.
I don't know if she is part of the blog or not but I'm pretty sure that isn't allowed I may be wrong. I've seen blogs links like this removed in past threads. You can mention the name to google I think but that's it.
But the Romantic Times site she posted doesn't have affiliate links in their links (at least not Amazon ones).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #260
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
But the Romantic Times site she posted doesn't have affiliate links in their links (at least not Amazon ones).
I suppose I saw the ref= and figured it was an affiliate link.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #261
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale: $2.99

Fanged & Fabulous by Michelle Rowen
Series: Immortality Bites 02
Genre: Paranormal Romance (Vampires)
Publisher: Hachette (2007)
Note: Agency book

$2.99 @ Amazon | $2.03 @ BOB:

Further Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman by JB Lynn
Series: Book 02
Genre: Romantic Mystery (Hard to peg this!)
Publisher: Avon Impulse (2012)
Note: Pre-Order October 16th
Note: Book one is only $3.49 ($2.71 @ BOB)
Personal Note: I grabbed book 1 months ago. Check B.O.B for lower price.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-27-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #262
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Sale: $2.99

Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey
Series: The Kowalskis - 02
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Carina Press (2010)
Note: Book 1 is still $1.99
Nook Link

Last edited by Blossom; 09-27-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #263
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
I am sorry, I did not think I was doing anything wrong. I am recently laidoff. It is one of the places I know to to look for free or cheap books. I will not do this again.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #264
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Umm same here. I haven't been in a HQ mood this year. I've really expanded my romance reading to other books. No Historical books this year either. Right now I am on a indie YA kick believe it or not. I just finished Beautiful Disaster, The Mighty Storm, Effortless and Easy. BD was one of the best books I've read this year. I'm still making my way through Kristen Ashley's books. I just started Perfect Chemistry which a YA book set in High School. I don't usually read YA but this one intrigues me. The best thing is most of these are from the Lending program so I'm not out any money.

I think it's the whole first person POV I am hooked on. I know most UF does this but I haven't really been in a paranormal mood lately.
Two things which don't thrill me....YA and first person.

Sometimes I'm a bit amazed about all the romances I've bought because I'm pretty picky.

The Shannon Stacey books I bought at full price.I can't seem to wait for a sale in her titles.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #265
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post

The Shannon Stacey books I bought at full price.I can't seem to wait for a sale in her titles.
Jill Shalvis is what one blog compared Stacey's writing to. Would you agree? I haven't read her stuff yet.

I should note, The Mighty Storm is Adult not YA. They say Erotica but I thought it was quite tame for that genre.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-28-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I am sorry, I did not think I was doing anything wrong. I am recently laidoff. It is one of the places I know to to look for free or cheap books. I will not do this again.

Auntykatkat
No worries. Feel free to post direct links or just mentioning a freebie or sales and where to grab it.

There are plenty of books out there that are cheap or free. What we try to do is pick the good ones out of the slush piles and post them here so that we all benefit.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #267
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Jill Shalvis is what one blog compared Stacey's writing to. Would you agree? I haven't read her stuff yet.
Butting in to say I read both authors. I think Shannon Stacey writes a tad more humor in her stories, especialy her Kowalski series. Many of Shalvis' books have humor, but not all of them do (some of her early categories for example). I love the Kowalski books so far. I had some issues with the heroine in the second book (Undeniably Yours), but overall I have enjoyed them all. But I do think if you enjoy Shalvis you would enjoy Stacey and vice versa.

I've been reading a bunch of the Silhouette and Harlequin Treasury titles I got during their big sale last year. Some are well-formatted but others have a gazillion scanning errors. Harlequin is good about fixing them when I email them, but I think they should have all been checked before being sold. Most of the ones I've read this past month were new-to-me stories. Of the gazillion books I bought, half were faves I own in print and half were new-to-me books. I bought a ton of Shalvis, Cindy Gerard, Marie Ferrarella, etc. Many by authors I discovered after they went single title.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:33 AM   #268
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Butting in to say I read both authors. I think Shannon Stacey writes a tad more humor in her stories, especialy her Kowalski series. Many of Shalvis' books have humor, but not all of them do (some of her early categories for example). I love the Kowalski books so far. I had some issues with the heroine in the second book (Undeniably Yours), but overall I have enjoyed them all. But I do think if you enjoy Shalvis you would enjoy Stacey and vice versa.
I love Jill. Not just her writing but the author. She is hilarious and just wonderful.

I love authors who write funny and witty banter. I picked up both Kowalski books and I am looking to grab the audio version too of the first book who is narrated by one of my favorite narrators. Another one the blog compared her to was Julie James? I'm not familiar. Has anyone read any of her books?
Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #269
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Free at Amazon
Dance With A Gunfighter - Joanne Pence (previously published under the pseudonym JoMarie Lodge)
HarperCollins author of Angie Amalfi mystery series
Historical Romance ? Western Romance ?
Spoiler:
The Price of Vengeance

Gabriella Devere wants vengeance. She grows up quickly when she witnesses the murder of her family by a gang of outlaws, and vows to make them pay for their crime. When the law won't help her, she takes matters into her own hands. Jess McLowry left his war-torn Southern home to head West, where he hired out his gun. When he learns what happened to Gabriella's family, and what she plans, he knows a young woman like her will have no chance against the outlaws, and vows to save her the way he couldn't save his own family. But the price of vengeance is high and Gabriella's willingness to sacrifice everything ultimately leads to the book's deadly and startling conclusion.

This is a harsh and gritty tale of the old West, somewhat reminiscent of Charles Portis' True Grit or Nancy Turner's These is My Words.

[This novel was previously published under the pseudonym JoMarie Lodge.]
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #270
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
They are similar in that they both write contemporaries with a fair amount of humor.

I haven't read any Julie James. Another author to add to my 'to buy in the future when the books come down in price' list?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote