Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Kindle Fire case with screen protection?

Can anyone point me to Fire cases on Amazon that specifically come with a built-in screen cover, you slip in the Kindle Fire and it's fully covered. Thanks!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
By slip in I assume you mean not meant to be taken off during normal use.

I own this cover. The Fires slips right in and it has a cover over the screen that is held in place by a sturdy elastic strap:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Lightwe...2490291&sr=8-1

Here's another:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Lightwe...2490291&sr=8-1

Basically, any Folio cover will do the job.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I meant, and now I know how to search for more, " a soft protective lid for protection.". Thanks
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I have that one too. Definately recommend it. People can easily think it's just a notebook.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
You don't really 'need' protection on Gorilla Glass for normal use. I didn't put a screen protector on my iPad, either, and there is not a scratch on it.
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
You don't really 'need' protection on Gorilla Glass for normal use. I didn't put a screen protector on my iPad, either, and there is not a scratch on it.
That is true. But the glossy, mirror like shine from the glass is a fingerprint magnet and highly reflective. I personally don't like seeing my face reflected in the screen!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Same here it's too glossy. A screen Protector really helps!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same here it's too glossy. A screen Protector really helps!
Which one did you end up getting? Does it help with the glare?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Which one did you end up getting? Does it help with the glare?

Carol
Right now I am using a crappy cheap one I got from Crazy on Digital. It's ugly around the edges but has gotten rid of the Glare.

I bought a Skinomi Screen Protector. Which you apply with a solution and it dries clear within 48 hours. They just shipped it so when it gets here I will let you know the difference.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Right now I am using a crappy cheap one I got from Crazy on Digital. It's ugly around the edges but has gotten rid of the Glare.

I bought a Skinomi Screen Protector. Which you apply with a solution and it dries clear within 48 hours. They just shipped it so when it gets here I will let you know the difference.
OK. I looked at the Skinomi one too. It's in my wish list. Let us know how it performs.

Carol
Old 11-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
OK. I looked at the Skinomi one too. It's in my wish list. Let us know how it performs.

Carol
Will do! I read this method makes a flawless protector. it isn't anti-glare or clear. It will be interesting to see where it stands.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #12
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
I have a love hate relationship with screen protectors. They do reduce glare and fingerprints, but they reduce readability off the text.

I had a very nice screen protector (this one) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details, but I removed it because it made the text less sharp. I had the same experience when I owned an iPad.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #13
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Will do! I read this method makes a flawless protector. it isn't anti-glare or clear. It will be interesting to see where it stands.
I have a similar one I installed on my iPhone from Zagg. You spray the solution on and then install. I think I sprayed my fingertips too when I installed.

Carol
Old 11-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I have a similar one I installed on my iPhone from Zagg. You spray the solution on and then install. I think I sprayed my fingertips too when I installed.

Carol
Yep that's the Kind. How was it on glare?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Yep that's the Kind. How was it on glare?
So so. It does cut down on the glare. It's held up pretty good too considering it's on my phone and gets lots of abuse.

Carol

Last edited by sadievan; 11-29-2011 at 07:13 PM.