Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #106
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
My phone is also a form of edible fruit, a "black berry".

Oddly, people keep on asking me what kind of "data plan" it has.

I know not what that is.

I don't "plan" to use any "data", certainly not with my fruit phone, unless "reading" is "using data" and my "plan" is to do a lot of that, on my Kindle.

Then they give me a look as if that's all so strange.
You're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Same here!

I prefer all other forms of communication above the phone. At work, I see people calling somebody who is sitting one floor below them. I prefer to actually take the stairs and walk to that person...

And I don't want a PDA + phone in one either... I prefer my PDA as it is, right now.
You're in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Intruder alert! Intruder alert!
I have the pole.......do you have the tar and feathers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joobies View Post
We are driving a 16 year old Corolla. Does that qualify me for a discount on membership fees?
Discount, mishcount. No charge to you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
Do I qualify for not having a car
You're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I still remember the last time I had to buy a cell phone. I just wanted a bare-bones sturdy phone. The salesperson kept waving the latest technology in my face --"this one makes your morning coffee!", "how about this one --it does laundry!", "maybe you'd like this state of the art doctorphone --it can diagnose medical issues!". I finally just grabbed the cheapest one I could see and asked her if it made phone calls. She practically rolled her eyes at me and said it did. I bought it.
You're in! (Young whippersnappers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I not a big phone user, but i still have a phone with 3g, internet, gps. A low-end for a smartphone.
Got tierd of getting lost, google map power
And with the ratp, internet is the only way to know why there is no train.
DIS-Qualified!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_1967 View Post
I have mobile. It makes and receives calls and can send text messages. They claim that it can also take photos and read emails. One day I may bother to find out how. Maybe when its battery can hold charge for less than a week I may decide to figure out the camera stuff etc. because I know I won't have chance to use the phone for long anymore.

Still, phone to me is for making and receiving calls, nothing more nothing less.
You're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
Hell, I'm 23 and my phone does only talk and text. Yep you heard that right. No newfangled smartphone or stuff. But my phone has NEVER crashed (it practically can't). And I'm a pretty tech-person too. I use my Kindle for internets if/when I need which is rare.
You're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
My phone (a sturdy Nokia) only gets used for text and talk. I do use the "calender" function. I really couldn't tell you what else it does, it might have some other functions but I do not use them.
You're in! (but........we're watching you......)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainphart View Post
I like/use/love my cheapy Motorola F3. It even uses e-ink!

You're in!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #107
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I found the perfect phone!

(http://www.johnsphones.com/store/joh...e-white/item24)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #108
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
My god talk about going retro. It doesn't get more retro than that Sweetpea. I wouldn't call it a mobile phone, more a phone without a cord I could see its advantages.

The battery-life must be quite amazing.

Last edited by thinkpad; 11-06-2010 at 04:30 PM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #109
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
my phone is a basic model that I use as my "landline" phone. I also swap texts with my sister and that's it. Of course the phone has internet capability but I rather not pay for that. I use my wi-fi at home or in wi-fi friendly areas for my iPad which is 3G capable. If I am going out of town to my Mom's house, then I pick up the $25 monthly data plan from ATT for the iPad so I can keep up with my email, "chat" with you guys and other internet goodies like ABC tv shows and Netflix.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #110
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
my phone is a basic model that I use as my "landline" phone. I also swap texts with my sister and that's it. Of course the phone has internet capability but I rather not pay for that. I use my wi-fi at home or in wi-fi friendly areas for my iPad which is 3G capable. If I am going out of town to my Mom's house, then I pick up the $25 monthly data plan from ATT for the iPad so I can keep up with my email, "chat" with you guys and other internet goodies like ABC tv shows and Netflix.
you're in!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #111
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
Ahh, Angry Birds now that's an addictive game
Angry Birds Halloween is very cool too!
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #112
Brainphart
Compost Power
Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.

Device: Nook ST-1 Sony Reader PRS500(retired but still kicking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I like it but too rich for me ;-) My 4 year old F3 was just $25.00 (17.82 EUR).

NewEgg still has them at that price.

here
Brainphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #113
hollyahook
hollyahook began at the beginning.

Device: none
My cell phone is so old, it still looks like a phone. the color's all chipped off of it and the antenna's coming off. I'm actually comfortable with it. IT's the touch screen ones that do everything that confuse me.
hollyahook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #114
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ummm hmmmmm.......riiiiiiight.....we all believe you...
I'm on pay-as-you-go, my cell phone provider won't even allow me to send texts overseas, and even my European text coverage isn't the greatest. I only have reception in my kitchen, so when I'm at home I have to leave my cell on the table. (I live in the boonies). Admittedly, I sort of like being unreachable, and blaming it on my poor cell connection when I want to be left alone.

Trust me when I tell you that I'm pretty sure my phone doesn't do much other than make calls and texts! It's a pretty old Nokia model.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #115
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyahook View Post
My cell phone is so old, it still looks like a phone. the color's all chipped off of it and the antenna's coming off. I'm actually comfortable with it. IT's the touch screen ones that do everything that confuse me.
You're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I'm on pay-as-you-go, my cell phone provider won't even allow me to send texts overseas, and even my European text coverage isn't the greatest. I only have reception in my kitchen, so when I'm at home I have to leave my cell on the table. (I live in the boonies). Admittedly, I sort of like being unreachable, and blaming it on my poor cell connection when I want to be left alone.

Trust me when I tell you that I'm pretty sure my phone doesn't do much other than make calls and texts! It's a pretty old Nokia model.
Ignore kennyc......I believe you and thats what counts!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #116
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You're in!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #117
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You're in!

It's his Droid - it types its own messages!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #118
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And probably smarter than me too.

It is a SMART phone after all....
Old 11-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #119
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And probably smarter than me too.

It is a SMART phone after all....
Is that you or your Droid typing? How can we ever tell?
Hmmmm.... Who won the World Series in 2033?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #120
kennyc

Wouldn't you like to know?