Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
patinagle
patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Book Sale this week for RT convention

Book View Café is having a big ebook sale this week in honor of the RT convention:

Jay Caselberg - ANGEL ON THE BEACH (collection): On Sale $2.99

Brenda Clough - REVISE THE WORLD (science fiction): On Sale $2.99

Chris Dolley - INTERNATIONAL KITTENS OF MYSTERY (humor, picture book): On Sale $.99

Vonda N. McIntyre - THE MOON & SUN (science fiction - NEBULA AWARD WINNER): On Sale $2.99

Pati (P. G.) Nagle - GLORIETA PASS (historical fiction): On Sale $2.99

Jennifer Stevenson - FOOLS PARADISE (romance): On Sale $.99

Patricia Rice - MERELY MAGIC • MUST BE MAGIC • THE TROUBLE WITH MAGIC (romance) - All On Sale: $2.99 each

Judith Tarr - ARS MAGICA (historical fantasy): On Sale $1.99

Sarah Zettel - IN CAMELOT'S SHADOW • FOR CAMELOT'S HONOR • UNDER CAMELOT'S BANNER • CAMELOT'S BLOOD (fantasy) - All On Sale: $2.99 each

http://www.bookviewcafe.com/index.ph...fe-Ebookstore/
patinagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Am I the only one having this problem with BVC:

I saw this post, rushed right over there to buy some books, clicked on the first book I wanted, and got -- once again -- a blank screen saying:

Quote:
Forbidden access

(Flooding)
Is BVC really having such a problem with its server being overwhelmed? And if so, could someone please put a message on the home page stating how long one must wait between clicks so as to be able to use the website?

I'm not "flooding" the freaking website, I'm just trying to buy a book. And I have never, since my first day on the Web back in 19*mumble*, have had this problem with a website. I would buy a lot more from BVC if ... if ... I could use it!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
No, looks ok to me. A little bit slow perhaps, but seems to be working.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So why is this just me, then? It took me 20 minutes to buy a book the last time I tried, and I couldn't browse the site at all. *puppydog look*
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
ChrisDolley
Author
ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
So why is this just me, then? It took me 20 minutes to buy a book the last time I tried, and I couldn't browse the site at all. *puppydog look*
Have you tried accessing the BVC site using a different browser? Sometimes using Firefox instead of IE or vice versa can get round weird problems like this.
ChrisDolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

I'm using Firefox. I have an allergy to IE. I suppose I could go collect Chrome or something.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
patinagle
patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patinagle can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Sorry about the flooding error. We have been having trouble with this lately and are in the process of moving the site to a new server, so it will get better soon (we hope).
Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
patinagle

Some new titles added to the sale:

Phyllis Irene Radford - LACING UP FOR MURDER (mystery): On Sale $2.99

Sherwood Smith - CROWN DUEL (romantic fantasy): On Sale $1.99
Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by patinagle View Post
Some new titles added to the sale:

--snip--

Sherwood Smith - CROWN DUEL (romantic fantasy): On Sale $1.99
Cool. I've still got this in my pbook TBR pile that I haven't touched since getting a reader in '07. Maybe I'll actually get it read now.

Anyone read any of the other books on sale? Any recommendations?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

The website likes me today. Two more books added to the queue that will probably not be empty in my lifetime.

(every time I read a book, I seem to add two more)
Old 04-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
lib2b
lib2b began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I bought two books from the site yesterday, and I had the same problems. I bought one, couldn't get back in because of the flooding error. Tried again later in the evening and bought the second. There was actually a third I wanted to buy but I didn't even try because of how slow everything was. So, it wasn't just you.
lib2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:08 AM   #12
ChrisDolley
Author
ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lib2b View Post
I bought two books from the site yesterday, and I had the same problems. I bought one, couldn't get back in because of the flooding error. Tried again later in the evening and bought the second. There was actually a third I wanted to buy but I didn't even try because of how slow everything was. So, it wasn't just you.
I've been looking into this flooding error and think I may have a solution. It may be caused by the oversensitivity of the sh404SEF program which does these flooding checks to protect sites against spambot attacks.

I've increased the flooding limit check at the BVC site so if you could try browsing the site again I'd appreciate it. If you still have problems I'll try plan B - swiching the flooding test off.

You can email me at chris@chris-dolley.com if it works or you have any more problems accessing the site.

Chris
ChrisDolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #13
patinagle

Still on sale this week at Book View Café:

$1.99 $2.99 $2.99 $2.99 $.99

And more . . . http://www.bookviewcafe.com/index.ph...fe-Ebookstore/
Old 05-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Knock it off with the sales already, you keep making me buy more books!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #15
patinagle

Heh, heh!