Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
possible feature? 'back' button in iPDF viewer

ever since i got my iLiad i've been reading a newspaper with it, and while it works reasonably well, the feature i'm really missing is a 'back' button for the iPDF viewer..
as you might imagine, the newspaper (a PDF) is set up in such a way that it first has about 20 pages with the links and short introductions to the articles themselves, and the actual articles are appended to it..
Which is all well and good (you can click the links with the stylus and go there fairly reliably).. but after you've read the article the only way you can return to the index is by clicking one of the links in the top frame of the pdf, and that returns you to the first page of whichever part of the paper you clicked to view.
Most parts have more than 1 page worth of 'indexed' links+article heads, though, and having to return to the first page of the index is fairly annoying, so i was wondering if it was possible to define some sort of back button/feature in either the main viewer or a replacement one.

does anyone have a clue as to how doable it is to implement this?
thanks in advance
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Unless I have misunderstood, there is a back button (and a forward button): those arrows between the pan button and the pen select button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	390
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	12864  

Last edited by daudi; 05-17-2008 at 03:30 PM.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
ipdf has got the feature you describe already.

If you don't have arrow icons in the ipdf toolbar, your iLiad has got an old firmware.

Edit I: [Oh, I was a bit late. When I clicked the "new reply" button, daudi's answer where not there.]
Edit II:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiad Firmware V2.11 wiki
PDF Viewer
* Back and Forward Buttons: Easily navigate through PDF documents using hyper links via the back and forward button.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ILiad_Firmware_V2.11
Software release of v2.11 was 09/26/2007; current firmware is 2.12.

Last edited by yokos; 05-17-2008 at 04:40 PM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote