Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Pocketbook uses a fairly obscure format called .dic. I've seen StarDict dictionaries ported to it, but not .mobi ones.
thanks - infact, Caliber cannot convert the wrodnet3 file from .mobi to .epub either. I guess it makes sense for me to wait until I get my PB903 (if ever!) and check out what's in there!

@fjtorres - so I take it taht the webster one integrates seamlessly on PB?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
@fjtorres - so I take it taht the webster one integrates seamlessly on PB?
They all do. Simultaneously.
I found a really big spanish wikipedia extract that works fine, for example.

You hit whatever button you assigned the dictionary to and the dictionary app pops up in half-screen mode. Then you navigate onscreen word-by-word and the dictionary pane lists the closest definition it can match up to it. Fairly simple.

You can also call up the dictionary's keyboard to type in a word.
You can also change dictionaries on the fly so if you have an eng-eng dict and an eng-ital dict you can instantly switch from one to the other and get both definitions to the same word.

Most of my reading is SF so I don't get much use out of the contemporary dicts but the websters (which is a modified version, btw) comes in handy with the 19th century brit stuff.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #18
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
I found a really big spanish wikipedia extract that works fine, for example.
Could you point to it, perchance? Wikipedia is licensed under CC, therefore it can be made public.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
They all do. Simultaneously....
brilliant - now I only need the reader
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Could you point to it, perchance? Wikipedia is licensed under CC, therefore it can be made public.
Strictly perchance.
http://lingvodics.com/dics/view/Spanish/?p=2
It's a russian site full of lingvo-compatible dsl file links so, "Google translate is your friend."

Last june when the announcement of the imminent Lingvo dictionaries came out I did a bit of research and found that site. I didn't bookmark it or anything but fortunately I kept the original rar files so a search for:
es-es_wiki_an_1_0_dsl
...got me back there.

So it's pure chance at work here.

Hope this works for you!

The dic file is 22MB and compresses to... 22MB...
The limit here is 15Mb but if you have trouble converting we can try something else, okay?

Edit: They've added stuff since june.
This looks amusing (considering the source):
http://dadako.narod.ru/knigohran/es_...spanol_1_0.zip
Most of the material looks to be from academic and government sources so it's probably safe to link to the d/l page:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...q6A-OdRAot_K3w

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-19-2010 at 02:16 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert