Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Dual firmware announcement

Well, they updated blog - small miracle. I think moaning around here helped
The key word is "soon"

DrS

Moderator edit: announcement is here.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-27-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
The key word is "soon"

DrS
Soon = Monday
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Soon = Monday
Let's hope it's the next one - not some Monday months away...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
I'm happy to read this announcement.

I'm impatient to test the new firmware for mobipocket.

Cheers.
Vicente
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Version 1.5 ! Not 1.4 so !
Good news !
Waiting, waiting !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
The key word is "soon"
We'll see how soon "soon" is...

Anyways, this is really good news!

BTW: Your title is a bit misleading - at first I thought this is about a dual-boot firmware tool to use ePub AND Mobi on one device.
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That seems to confirm what we had previously speculated: that the 1.4/1.9 firmware versions were beta releases.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That seems to confirm what we had previously speculated: that the 1.4/1.9 firmware versions were beta releases.
Yes. This had been said again and again.

Soon ? soon ? How soon anyway ?

At least my opus stopped crashing, don't know if it's the deactivating auto power off, or switching to sd, but that did it. I can without being interrupted.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I'm quite happy to concentrate on reading with mine rather than bothering about firmware. I suppose I'll upgrade it though after a few weeks when everybody is happy it works OK.

ps why do they need to make announcements in broken English? They must have some native speakers available to check their text before they post it. Or if they don't I'd gladly do it for them
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ps why do they need to make announcements in broken English? They must have some native speakers available to check their text before they post it. Or if they don't I'd gladly do it for them
We french are notoriously bad with English
And no, as far as I know, all bookeen employees are French.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
We french are notoriously bad with English
And no, as far as I know, all bookeen employees are French.
Everybody with the possible exception of some native English speakers can read and write broken English fluently so it is not a problem. People should be encouraged to use broken English if the alternative is to say nothing at all.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Concerning the Mobipocket firmware. Did the variant some people got have page numbers?

Last edited by tompe; 10-03-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard

Nope. I'll check it out, but i think it's ePub only.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Nope. I'll check it out, but i think it's ePub only.
Good to know. Then I will totally convert to the ePub version when it arrives.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #15
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
It's sad that the adobe version 2.0 does not include non-DRMed prcs *sigh*
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quad-posting, whining