Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Hyperlinks Help ^^

Ok, so I have some school books with a lot of hyperlinks, notes on the language used in the books, links to pictures and other things, footnoted throughout the text

. I converted the book to an rtf, where I am using the "heading" method to make it so I can jump from chapter to chapter easily on my Kindle. I know how to do that via calibre, that is not the problem.

My problem is the notes/hyperlinks thing. After adding the headings at the beginning of each chapter, and then converting the rtf document back into mobi, will the hyperlinks to all that other info still work, or will I have to do something else to them to make them active?

Help would be much appreciated, thanks ^^.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All I can suggest is that you try it and see. RTF certainly can support hyperlinks, but whether or not they will "survive" the conversion to Mobipocket format depends on the tool that you use to do the conversion.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Thanks for the reply.

So tried it and it basically didn't, but on another thread, someone suggested Sigil, and I figured out that turning the Mobi to html then adding what I want via Sigil should work, only thing is Sigil keeps freezing whenever I add the Html document to it...
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote