Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Calibre can't see Kobo books

I had a slight glitch with my flash card in my Kobo and now Calibre can see that I have a Kobo and a flash card attached, but can't find the books in either. Adobe Digital additions can see them and Windows Explorer can see the book files.
The error message is:
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

disk I/O error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 69, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 311, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 145, in books
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Any handy hints on how to resume communication?
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And more.... it's not the SD card as I can put this in my laptop and Calibre can find and it. I can also send books to it. What Calibre can't find is the Kobo's storage space. And the Kobo can't find the SD card when I put it in the Kobo. I fear the Kobo has done something nasty to a data file!
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reformat the flash disk
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
CazMar
Book Geek

I did that, but the problem just seemed to be getting worse, it seemed to be the Kobo itself. Finally after about 4 "paperclip" resets and 2 factory resets (!!!) it has decided to work properly (well - so far). I've lost my free books, no big deal as they are all readily available free downloads and most of them I didn't feel very interesting anyhow (not a big Mark Twain fan). Not happy as this is my 2nd Kobo - the 1st one didn't work from day one. A big waste of time and energy.