Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
Teruteru314
Teruteru314 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Question In search of Title Mgmt plugin

As I said, I'm in search of any type of plugin that allows me to mass change books titles.

Specifically something that can change a search string, and change it if found, on a books selection.

I have many converted ebooks from MS Word, and almost all of them stat with "Microsoft Word - " string, and end with ".doc"

If additionally I could identify in some way the author (sometimes embedded in the title), that would be great.

Although I have some programming skillls (not with python, I'm affraid), I don't like to invent the wheel; if there's already something like that out there ...

Many thanks in advance.
Teruteru314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You don't need a plugin for that. The bulk metadata editor has a tab for search and replace. Select the books you want to change, press the edit button and go to the tab. There is plenty of discussion about how to use it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2014, 04:30 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Teruteru314 - For future reference:

If in Word (2007 on up) you enter values in the Document Properties Title, Author, Keywords and Comment, and you save as DOCX, and you have add books set to get metadata from within the file, then when you add the DOCX to the library, the Title, Author, Tags (Keywords) and Comment columns will contain those values.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #4
Teruteru314
Teruteru314 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Sorry for the delay in my answer, but the notice from the forum just arrived! :-(

Davidfor, many thanks! Believe it or not, i haven't realized about that tab before you mentioned it. It is more or less what I needed!

BetterRed, yes, I knew about document properties. The case was different; I got hundreds of DOCs with the string "Microsoft Word -" at the beginning of its title, and ".doc" at the end. Evident results from a mass format conversion from other programs.

The only thing I could suggest as an enhancement to the search-and-replace function is the ability to process Regular Expressions as both search and replacement ... if it's not already there :-)
Teruteru314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teruteru314 View Post
The only thing I could suggest as an enhancement to the search-and-replace function is the ability to process Regular Expressions as both search and replacement ... if it's not already there :-)
It's there. The "Search mode" is what you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
title management plugin