Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #316
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
libusb(x) is now statically compiled into the versions I've provided in the first post. So a reasonably recent glibc is all that's needed.

BTW: I very well got the phrase "any old", but was wondering about the reference since the last reference point in that paragraph was the "flashing program", not the "linux distribution".
My Enlgish sucks.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #317
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
My Enlgish sucks.
So does my American
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #318
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
My Enlgish sucks.
You spelling sucks too!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #319
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You spelling sucks too!
I wuz beeing Ironical
Old 10-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #320
stiny861
stiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toys

Device: K3
Well no luck with ATK or k3flasher. Im beginning to think that there is a physical hardware issue that I will not be able to fix. Well it had a good run at least.
stiny861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #321
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiny861 View Post
Well no luck with ATK or k3flasher. Im beginning to think that there is a physical hardware issue that I will not be able to fix. Well it had a good run at least.
tough break. good attitude
Old 10-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #322
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Perhaps you can get a cheap "broken screen" K3 on ebay and swap screens? Sometimes you can get them for just the shipping cost. I did.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #323
geekmaster

Quote:
If your eink screen is still good, then perhaps you can get a cheap "broken screen" K3 on ebay and swap screens? Sometimes you can get them for just the shipping cost. I did.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #324
atjeff1
atjeff1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello, I am a complete and total noob at Linux and Kindle related matters. I followed the wiki guide and flashed my K3 but have encountered several problems. While flashing rootfs.bin, my Kindle's charge light indicator thing turned However, even though the light was turned off, ATK continued to flash it. After it was done flashing, I unplugged it and tried to reboot it...No luck. As mentioned in many posts before mine, my Kindle seems to be stuck in a loop where it tries to boot and gives me the USB connect and disconnect sounds every 90 seconds. My K3 was a demo unit that I have received from a neighbor. It is current stuck on a screen from the demo. It has been stuck on said screen since I plugged it in for the flashing. Any help?

I used the 3.0.2 files. The rootfs file was in one .zip file. It is around 350mb compressed and 650mb after I extracted it. I did the flashing with ATK on a Win7 32 bit because my laptop was 64 bit. Any solutions?
atjeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #325
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjeff1 View Post
Hello, I am a complete and total noob at Linux and Kindle related matters. I followed the wiki guide and flashed my K3 but have encountered several problems. While flashing rootfs.bin, my Kindle's charge light indicator thing turned However, even though the light was turned off, ATK continued to flash it. After it was done flashing, I unplugged it and tried to reboot it...No luck. As mentioned in many posts before mine, my Kindle seems to be stuck in a loop where it tries to boot and gives me the USB connect and disconnect sounds every 90 seconds. My K3 was a demo unit that I have received from a neighbor. It is current stuck on a screen from the demo. It has been stuck on said screen since I plugged it in for the flashing. Any help?

I used the 3.0.2 files. The rootfs file was in one .zip file. It is around 350mb compressed and 650mb after I extracted it. I did the flashing with ATK on a Win7 32 bit because my laptop was 64 bit. Any solutions?
you dont mention flashing a matching kernel.

thats my first thought. Was that done?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #326
twobob

I'm not sure how to solve that issue. assuming you flashed the rootfs completely (should have taken about 3 hours) and you flashed on a matching kernel. then you shouldnt HAVE any demo data on the device. it feels like the procedure wasnt completed somehow if you can still see demo stuff.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #327
atjeff1

Quote:
I'm not sure how to solve that issue. assuming you flashed the rootfs completely (should have taken about 3 hours) and you flashed on a matching kernel. then you shouldnt HAVE any demo data on the device. it feels like the procedure wasnt completed somehow if you can still see demo stuff.
Yes, sorry for being so vague, by files, I meant both of them, Including the matching kernel. No, the device was a demo device. When I shut it off and held the power button for 30 seconds and the volume button for 1 second, it froze on one of the demo screen pages. After flashing the Kernel first and then the matching rootfs, I unplugged it and tried rebooting it but to no avail...The image on the K3 is still frozen on one of the demo pages. And the key thing that caught my attention was that the charge light turned off half way into flashing the rootfs but ATK continued flashing it. And yes, it took approximately 3-4 hours.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #328
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You might be running in a mode that does not do any display output.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #329
geekmaster

I had a similar problem with a K3 demo. I think that the battery discharged before flashing was successful. I charged it on a wall charger overnight, and then debricking it again was successful.

I used k3flasher to debrick mine. You may wish to try that instead of using ATK.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #330
atjeff1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I had a similar problem with a K3 demo. I think that the battery discharged before flashing was successful. I charged it on a wall charger overnight, and then debricking it again was successful.

I used k3flasher to debrick mine. You may wish to try that instead of using ATK.
Well, when I plug it into any computer, it goes into that continuous loop of 90 seconds on and off. Does charging really work? When I charge it with a wall socket, the charge light turns off within an hour or two. What does it mean? Do I charge it for a few more days and then try reflashing it with k3flasher? And do I disconnect and reconnect the charger when the charge light turns off?

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3