Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #31
scrabblelady
scrabblelady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
dmacmart: I just turned on my Vox and I don't see it now, either. Maybe it was trying to tell me I needed to charge the battery? I'm at 100% now and no blinking light. But thanks for such a quick reply! Since you're on top of things, what do you think re: cases. There's practically nothing for the Vox; do you think/know that Kindle Fire cases will fit? They seem to have pretty much the same size specs. I saw one that looks like an old, leather-bound book that is being released on the 15th and am keeping my fingers crossed.
scrabblelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #32
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Sorry I don't know about cases - I think some of the threads in this forum has mentioned them. Example: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155420

When looking at cases designed for other devices, remember to consider thickness as well as length & width. And if it's a book-style cover that you always leave on, ports and buttons might be hidden.

Chapters has some book-style covers on their website.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #33
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
- Screen is amazing! I love the responsiveness and the color is so vibrant.
- Overall size of the unit is perfect.
- Love the touch buttons.
- Reading Life is really, really neat. I have made several comments already. Not a lot on there yet, but we are early adopters, so it should grow.

Dislikes:

- Quilted back is slightly peeling on one corner...I can likely fix it myself.
- Processor is a little slow, things get sluggish at times.
- No 3G!
- Missing Android apps hurt a lot.
- Not charging through USB! Really, how did this terrible design idea make it through development? The good news is that my phone charger is the exact same as the Kobo one, so I can use the same outlet to charge both. The phone gets a little jealous sometimes though, and I have to charge it off my Xbox to prevent bickering

Last edited by Anjohl; 11-04-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #34
keithmoonkin
keithmoonkin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
They light leaking on the bottom.
keithmoonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #35
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
- Not charging through USB! Really, how did this terrible design idea make it through development? The good news is that my phone charger is the exact same as the Kobo one, so I can use the same outlet to charge both.
It require too much power to be charge on a standard USB 2 port (.5 A is the max if I remember well).
Even high end smartphone won't load on USB2.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #36
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
It require too much power to be charge on a standard USB 2 port (.5 A is the max if I remember well).
Even high end smartphone won't load on USB2.
Not to mention that this is the same deal for all tablets, including the iPad.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #37
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Not to mention that this is the same deal for all tablets, including the iPad.
Yes, and the iconia also. Sooooo many power chargers needed these days.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
-the length of time to turn on and even look around the vox from opening the vox. the forced register/login in crap before even being able to see the manual sux (i rushed through everything and as such still have no idea how too access Pulse or what it actually is, I just wanted to see my vox sometime today...)
-the inability to remove built in apps I don't care about (scrabble? I don't want that!)
-the a/c cord is too short
- the kobo app ignoring the 'shut off auto-rotate'
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote