Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #226
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've tried Windows Speech Recognition with Kindle-PC. It works to start the program running and to turn pages once the book is open but you cannot select or open any book with it. For those actions you still need a mouse.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #227
Carnyx
Zealot
Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I've tried Windows Speech Recognition with Kindle-PC. It works to start the program running and to turn pages once the book is open but you cannot select or open any book with it. For those actions you still need a mouse.
Thanks for the reply Crossi,
I didn't know there was Kindle software for the PC. I guess some speech recognition is better than nowt but you'd think they'd offer a complete solution. Somebody recommended Dragon Voice Recognition software for the PC. I watched a demo but haven't tried the product. Somebody else recommended the Booksense XT which I really like the look of but not the price tag. It purports to have voice recognition, play mp3s(so audiobooks), and do text to speech. It costs over £300 here and I think it was ~$500 in the States.
Thanks,
David.

Last edited by Carnyx; 03-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Carnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #228
Carnyx
Zealot
Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Carnyx can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
And of course sometimes it isn't finding a solution (the right e-reader) that helps at all. For the person in question, sometimes it's just knowing that someone cares enough to ask, to visit or to try.

You're a good egg.
Thanks Maria,
Well, they said that about Humpty Dumpty and look what happened to him!
From what the carer said I think you're right about making the effort. She's not used to people going to any trouble for her. Anyway fingers crossed. I hope there's a result at the end.
Oh yeah and while I'm here ... after I posted that table the other day I found another, better one right here!:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

Thank you,
David.
Carnyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessibility, accessible, arthritis, best ereader