Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
veryczn
veryczn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Unhappy Pls help! Kindle keyboard does Not boot!

My kindle cannot boot now. When I charge it with USB,the kindle has a orange light. But when i try to pull the power button, it does not turn into green and the screen is completely white.i tried to pull the power button for more than 30 seconds, but it does not work at all.
Please help!
But i can access kindle's basic hardware info such as the Mac address of wifi using k3flasher's info command.
veryczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryczn View Post
My kindle cannot boot now. When I charge it with USB,the kindle has a orange light. But when i try to pull the power button, it does not turn into green and the screen is completely white.i tried to pull the power button for more than 30 seconds, but it does not work at all.
Please help!
But i can access kindle's basic hardware info such as the Mac address of wifi using k3flasher's info command.
Try holding the power button longer until the whole kindle screen blinks black and then goes back to white. Then wait about a minute and the kindle reboots. If that doesn't work, I'd give Kindle CS a call. Good luck.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
seawhite
E Ink Lover
seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle DX white, Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard, K4NT
Charge it for 24 hours then give it another try
seawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
veryczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Try holding the power button longer until the whole kindle screen blinks black and then goes back to white. Then wait about a minute and the kindle reboots. If that doesn't work, I'd give Kindle CS a call. Good luck.
Thanks for suggestion. I tried to hold the power button for more than 30 secs but nothing happens to neither the screen nor the light.
BTW: When I charge the kindle and hold the button ,the orange light turns off.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
veryczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawhite View Post
Charge it for 24 hours then give it another try
Does the battery really needs so much time to be charged?
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Sorry that didn't help, veryczn. Have you tried calling Kindle Customer Service? Just make sure you call Kindle Customer Service, it's better than calling regular Amazon CS. They're very helpful. Good luck.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
veryczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Sorry that didn't help, veryczn. Have you tried calling Kindle Customer Service? Just make sure you call Kindle Customer Service, it's better than calling regular Amazon CS. They're very helpful. Good luck.
Thanks. But I am in China so kindle CS does not work.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #8
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryczn View Post
Thanks. But I am in China so kindle CS does not work.
I'm in Hong Kong and have contacted Kindle CS, it really does work, try the chat function or the call back function. For Kindle customer service to call you back you need a landline number though, it won't work with a mobile number.
Good luck.
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
veryczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by manou View Post
I'm in Hong Kong and have contacted Kindle CS, it really does work, try the chat function or the call back function. For Kindle customer service to call you back you need a landline number though, it won't work with a mobile number.
Good luck.
I am in the main Land of china. So it's quite different form hong kong. It is almost impossible to contact kindle cs.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
veryczn

I noticed that the Kindle turns off the light when I charge It for 20 mins. I wondered if it's a battery issue.
I finished https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K3noobdebrickatk ,and kindle never starts.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Could be as simple as the USB is not charging the Kindle. Get a USB wall charger, and charge the Kindle that way instead of using your computer's USB port.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote