Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #16
weidbrewer
weidbrewer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I'm thinking that, at this point, the best bet might be to nuke the whole thing and start over. What I need to do is make sure that I get everything removed without removing any dependencies that something else might need, while making sure that I don't leave any "ghosts" behind that will effect the new install.

Any suggestions?
weidbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidbrewer View Post
I'm thinking that, at this point, the best bet might be to nuke the whole thing and start over. What I need to do is make sure that I get everything removed without removing any dependencies that something else might need, while making sure that I don't leave any "ghosts" behind that will effect the new install.

Any suggestions?
there is a .calibre folder (Preferences: Misc. Calibre Configuration folder button should take you there) that needs to be removed

other than that , I have a 'Vanilla Install', so I have no other ideas.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #18
weidbrewer

I would assume that whatever it installs in /opt/ by default and the script itself would also need to be nuked as well, yes?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
weidbrewer

Quick followup: Nuking and reinstalling more or less did the trick. Still having a few issues on startup, but I think that's actually connected to something non-calibre. Got everything restored and just broke 1000 books in the library.

Thanks for all the help.