Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sanderson, Brandon: Warbreaker v4.2 2008-02-19

Here is Brandon Sanderson's stand alone epic fantasy novel set in the Elantris universe Warbreaker that he is giving away and will be released sometime in 2009.

I've giving it version 4.2 because that is the version Brandon has given this edition.

After creating the Mobipocket edition, I used mobi2imp and created this version for the Eb1150. Please, I'd like some feedback as to how this one looks. Thanks!

Previous version had 6 views

Used Mobi2IMP Version 8 on this version
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Warbreaker.imp (1.09 MB, 853 views)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is Brandon Sanderson's stand alone epic fantasy novel set in the Elantris universe Warbreaker that he is giving away and will be released sometime in 2009.

I've giving it version 4.2 because that is the version Brandon has given this edition.

After creating the Mobipocket edition, I used mobi2imp and created this version for the Eb1150. Please, I'd like some feedback as to how this one looks. Thanks!
Haven't had a chance to see it on the EBW1150, yet; just on the PC.

I think it looks very elegant! (but I might be biased )

One thing though, the line spacing seems a 'bit' more than usual. Was this in the original mobipocket ebook? or perhaps introduced by my 'mobi2imp'?

Could you post the .html in the ExplodeDir so I could try re-building it and to see if that line-spacing issue is present. Also, any specific command-line options you used?

Thanks.

-Nick

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-19-2008 at 06:08 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Haven't had a chance to see it on the EBW1150, yet; just on the PC.

I think it looks very elegant! (but I might be biased )

One thing though, the line spacing seems a 'bit' more than usual. Was this in the original mobipocket ebook? or perhaps introduced by my 'mobi2imp'?

Could you post the .html in the ExplodeDir so I could try re-building it and to see if that line-spacing issue is present. Also, any specific command-line options you used?

Thanks.

-Nick
I noticed the indent myself although it is ok. Perhaps there were some spaces in the document to fake an additional indent. You can go to the MobileRead mobipocket section and download the same book for yourself. Then you can compare the looks in MobiPocket with the looks in eBookwise and convert the file yourself to inspect it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I noticed the indent myself although it is ok. Perhaps there were some spaces in the document to fake an additional indent. You can go to the MobileRead mobipocket section and download the same book for yourself. Then you can compare the looks in MobiPocket with the looks in eBookwise and convert the file yourself to inspect it.

Dale
Dale:

Thanks for the heads up where to find the original .prc.

By the way, I was referring to 'line-spacing' i.e. space between lines (not indentation) when I said it was a bit much.

As it turns out, this .IMP ebook was made with the 'medium' font size (not JSWolf's doing).

I attach the proper .IMP ebook that 'mobi2imp' should have generated, but didn't due to a 'bug'.

It seems the original .prc has as its <body>:
Code:
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" style="FONT-WEIGHT:normal; FONT-SIZE:medium; MARGIN-BOTTOM:245px; LINE-HEIGHT:normal; FONT-FAMILY:Times New Roman" text="#000000">
As I usually just insert the margins/fontsize just after <body, I got:
Code:
<BODY style="margin-left:2%; margin-right:2%; text-align:justify" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="FONT-WEIGHT:normal; FONT-SIZE:medium; MARGIN-BOTTOM:245px; LINE-HEIGHT:normal; FONT-FAMILY:Times New Roman" text="#000000">
That means that even though the 'small' font should have been used, the second in-line style in the body tag superceds that; or anything I would have put first like 'font-size:small;'.

I fixed 'mobi2imp' to remove that 'FONT-SIZE:medium;', in fact, remove anything in the <body> tag before I start 'fixing'.

I will change 'mobi2imp' to accomodate this! Stay tuned for version 8 ...

-Nick

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-19-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've removed the second attachment and replaced the original attachment to fix the incorrect font size.

Nick, in the HTML from Book Designer, it has

Code:
<DIV >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
I did notice the margins were a little bit large in the PC view. Can you program for this so when you make the indent, it's not so large? Unless of course, it looks good on the EB1150.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
I've removed the second attachment and replaced the original attachment to fix the incorrect font size.

Nick, in the HTML from Book Designer, it has

Code:
<DIV >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
I did notice the margins were a little bit large in the PC view. Can you program for this so when you make the indent, it's not so large? Unless of course, it looks good on the EB1150.
I know what's happening here. I automatically turn on '--indent' when you choose '--nopara', so you get the hard-code indent from BD plus 'mobi2imp's (1em) indent.

I will just change the behaviour of '--nopara' to NOT automatically force an indent, but rather leave this up to the user.

Besides, trying to decide which '<tag>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;' sequence to adjust and which to leave alone would be a nightmare. I'll implement the former; it's easier!

-Nick

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-20-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The attachment you just made, is that without the extra indent?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 AM   #8
nrapallo

Quote:
The attachment you just made, is that without the extra indent?
It is without the 'mobi2imp' indentation, but with the BD <div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

The BD hard-coded indent could be removed manually and the .IMP re-built using eBook Publisher; but this would be hard for 'mobi2imp' to do.

I will manually do this, for comparison purposes. I took out all the hard-coded indents and then had 'mobi2imp' put in the (1em) indent. The indents look the same, BUT the blank line spacing between headings and first line of text is gone! That can happen when you do global replacements. In the end, I will not implement the removal of BD hard-coded indents.

-Nick

p.s. delete the attachment after comparing.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:

Previous version had 5 views
Mobi2imp.exe (version 8) now out! It fixes the problem it had converting this ebook.

Try it again and update this ebook.

-Nick
Old 02-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Mobi2imp.exe (version 8) now out! It fixes the problem it had converting this ebook.

Try it again and update this ebook.

-Nick
I've downloaded version 8 and given it a go and it looks good. The paragraph indents look good now. I think this is a go.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Updated Warbreaker because mobi2imp has been updated to improve the IMP output. So if you've download this previously, I suggest downloading it again.