Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Magic Man
Magic Man began at the beginning.

Device: Android (Aldiko)
Metadata and book covers

When looking up metadata for books (which is very handy) it doesn't show the corresponding book cover for the particular ISBN yet when the separate download book cover button is clicked is downloads the cover corresponding to the ISBN.

Since there are often different covers for different ISBN's, is there a chance that a preview of the corresponding cover could be included in the metadata look up and the cover downloaded from that dialogue as an option as opposed to being downloaded via a separate function.

Sometime series of books are republished with different covers. I'd like to set mine up with the same cover series without having to delete the isbn number and then re-lookup the meta data trying the next option in line to see if that is the correct cover.

Thanks...
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
When looking up metadata for books (which is very handy) it doesn't show the corresponding book cover for the particular ISBN yet when the separate download book cover button is clicked is downloads the cover corresponding to the ISBN.

Since there are often different covers for different ISBN's, is there a chance that a preview of the corresponding cover could be included in the metadata look up and the cover downloaded from that dialogue as an option as opposed to being downloaded via a separate function.

Sometime series of books are republished with different covers. I'd like to set mine up with the same cover series without having to delete the isbn number and then re-lookup the meta data trying the next option in line to see if that is the correct cover.

Thanks...
I see you discovered this unfortunate effect. The files tend to return the more recent cover, not the "classic cover" in your dead tree library.

I fear, the sources are disconnected. You need to pick an ISBN without seeing the cover

Be it known, that you can find a cover image you like, and simply drag it onto the book cover in the Meta-data editor. too small of an image does affect what you will get in the cover browser. There is also the "little book" near the formats, that allows you to select a format, and extract the cover for the cover browser.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Writing a more powerful metadata download wizard is on my (very long) todo list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
Magic Man
Magic Man began at the beginning.

Device: Android (Aldiko)
Thanks, much appreciated.
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote