Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #46
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
is there any possibility to add a fit to width function when viewing pdfs in landscape mode?
Again, this is a feature hidden in DR1000 UDS binary, so we are not able to reach it.

Anyway I will investigate if we can inject actions from "outside", because they are all dbus messages and knowing call action and parameters...

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #47
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
To users - djvu plugin works well now? Even the installation failed on my DR800SG..

Last edited by bokjeid; 08-25-2010 at 02:16 AM.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #48
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Again, this is a feature hidden in DR1000 UDS binary, so we are not able to reach it.

Anyway I will investigate if we can inject actions from "outside", because they are all dbus messages and knowing call action and parameters...

Iņigo
Can you get some help from iRex developers (such as Gertjan ) ?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #49
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Can you get some help from iRex developers (such as Gertjan ) ?
Don't think they want to show us their hidden treasures...
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #50
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
Maybe we could hack a new close action but I'm afraid it will be too much and hard work.
Thanks for the explanation (and for providing DR800+). I understand the problem better now.
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #51
Iņigo
Guru

New release: v2

New release, version 2, look at the first message in thread.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:36 AM   #52
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
New release, version 2, look at the first message in thread.
I tried to install it. I ran the installation program to revert to the original Irex firmware and removed the original _DR800+ folder and Desktop installation program. Then I copied your new folder and the installation program to the Irex. Started the program, nothing happened. Then I copied the files from the NEW subdirectory to the _DR800+ directory. Ran the setup program again. Still nothing. So finally I downloaded the file tip.zip from bitbucket and also copied the extracted files and directory to _DR800+. Still can't get the program to run. What am I doing wrong? I do have the UDS file from the DR1000.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #53
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I tried to install it. I ran the installation program to revert to the original Irex firmware and removed the original _DR800+ folder and Desktop installation program. Then I copied your new folder and the installation program to the Irex. Started the program, nothing happened. Then I copied the files from the NEW subdirectory to the _DR800+ directory. Ran the setup program again. Still nothing. So finally I downloaded the file tip.zip from bitbucket and also copied the extracted files and directory to _DR800+. Still can't get the program to run. What am I doing wrong? I do have the UDS file from the DR1000.
Be sure to copy original DR1000's uds binary as new/uds.dr1000 before executing the installer. If you don't do it the installer won't do anything, to protect you from having a broken environment.

Also note that bitbucket only contains sources, not the executable code you need to install into the DR800.

I'm thinking on ways to improve the installer giving some feedback to the user...
Old 09-06-2010, 03:01 AM   #54
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I placed the DR 1000S's binary in _DR800+ (that is where we had to put it for version 1) instead of the subdirectory new. I think if you just change your instruction to include that everybody will be ok. Now everything works fine and I am on version 2.

A few questions, though. Why do we only have 2 columns of icons now? There is plenty of space. Also "Shortcuts" has dissappeared.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #55
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Thanks! I placed the DR 1000S's binary in _DR800+ (that is where we had to put it for version 1) instead of the subdirectory new. I think if you just change your instruction to include that everybody will be ok. Now everything works fine and I am on version 2.
Done, thanks for the advice.

Quote:
A few questions, though. Why do we only have 2 columns of icons now? There is plenty of space. Also "Shortcuts" has dissappeared.
Are you sure you've done a clean installation?
The 2-columns issue may be produced if the ctb.rc file is not updated. And shortcuts feature depends on the ctb program.
Maybe your installation process didn't complete?

I checked the package on the emulator before the release and it worked ok, but maybe I missed something.

Can you restore original 2.0RC3 and reinstall please?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #56
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
I installed last evening the new version and I used the reader a short time, but I did not see any errors.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #57
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Are you sure you've done a clean installation?
The 2-columns issue may be produced if the ctb.rc file is not updated. And shortcuts feature depends on the ctb program.
Maybe your installation process didn't complete?

I checked the package on the emulator before the release and it worked ok, but maybe I missed something.

Can you restore original 2.0RC3 and reinstall please?
A clean reinstall did the trick. Everything seems back to normal now. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:10 AM   #58
Mohammad Reza
Mohammad Reza began at the beginning.

Device: IREX-DR800SG
Hi,

Does Dr1000 have the highlighting feature (for pdf documents) ?!
Mohammad Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #59
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammad Reza View Post
Hi,

Does Dr1000 have the highlighting feature (for pdf documents) ?!
I think that was promised for a future release, not being the R2.0. With the current state of the company, it is uncertain if it will ever come (specially for the DR1000).

PS: you picked a strange thread to post your message in.?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #60
Mohammad Reza
Mohammad Reza began at the beginning.

Device: IREX-DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I think that was promised for a future release, not being the R2.0. With the current state of the company, it is uncertain if it will ever come (specially for the DR1000).
tnx Mackx for your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
PS: you picked a strange thread to post your message in.?
I don't think so. If there was such a feature it would be great to port it to dr800
Mohammad Reza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr800+