Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Drakon Rider
Drakon Rider began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ5
SmartQ5 - modem init string and login data saving

I have SmartQ5 and firmware v 5.0 - it works really better the default factory firmware (less system hangs).

Current problem - the PPP dial-up application (Gnome PPP) does not saves neither user name and password nor extra modem init string. Is it possible to enter the values i need into some file (as i know Linux OS does not have registry as Windows to store parameters for applications ?) so it will apply it at the start ?

I tried to start search from the root / with the included file manager for * file containing string AT+CGDCONT (a part of default modem init string) but system hangs all the times.

The second question - is there exist any way to 'restart' Bluetooth-GPRS modem device without restarting the whole system ? I sometime get the internet connection hanging (all the status OK but data do not sends/received) and after i close connection and trying to establish again - system reports error 'no modem found' or 'modem is busy by some application'. And the only way to restore connection is full system restart.
Drakon Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Drakon Rider

Looks like found the config for dialer:

/home/user/.wvdial.conf

to open it user must enable view of hidden files in browser.

But the second question still remains.
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakon Rider View Post
Current problem - the PPP dial-up application (Gnome PPP) does not saves neither user name and password nor extra modem init string. Is it possible to enter the values i need into some file (as i know Linux OS does not have registry as Windows to store parameters for applications ?) so it will apply it at the start ?

The second question - is there exist any way to 'restart' Bluetooth-GPRS modem device without restarting the whole system ? I sometime get the internet connection hanging (all the status OK but data do not sends/received) and after i close connection and trying to establish again - system reports error 'no modem found' or 'modem is busy by some application'. And the only way to restore connection is full system restart.
Re settings for the modem see the post here for some info; https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=15
then running gnome-ppp should pull the settings through.
Re the bluetooth, the consensus (google search ) appears to be;
in evilvte type "/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart"
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Drakon Rider

thank you - the right file for editing is

/etc/gnome-ppp.conf

>in evilvte type "/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart"

system says 'no permission' and

sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

works. May be better to make a shortcut to desktop that will runs this command ? I try to make file with this line in Leafedit and put to desktop as bt.sh, but how to start it as a executable shell script ? When i click on it - it opens in Leafedit. Though in the File Browser it says Type - shell script.

Also after bluetooth service restarted i need to manually add 'dialup service' for my cell-phone using 'Bluetooth Manager' (otherwise i got 'modem not found' error, and also reconnect my bluetooth keyboard) - is it possible with a shell command ?

Last edited by Drakon Rider; 09-26-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
May be better to make a shortcut to desktop that will runs this command ? I try to make file with this line in Leafedit and put to desktop as bt.sh, but how to start it as a executable shell script ? When i click on it - it opens in Leafedit. Though in the File Browser it says Type - shell script.
Did you change the file property to 'execute'? Right Click (long tap)on file, select 'Permissions', click Permissions Tab, tick Owner Execute box, click OK.

Quote:
Also after bluetooth service restarted i need to manually add 'dialup service' for my cell-phone using 'Bluetooth Manager' (otherwise i got 'modem not found' error, and also reconnect my bluetooth keyboard) - is it possible with a shell command ?
I don't know so I can't comment other than, most things seem possible with linux, it's just a case of finding out how.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
smartq5 modem ppp