Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
MobiPocket PX Files, BooksOnBoard and Kindle

Well, I found a book at BooksOnBoard that I couldn't locate on Amazon's Kindle, so I thought I'd give Igor's script a whorl.

I got it working, and purchased the book and bought the book. I didn't realize at the time that when it saved the PID it removed the asterix when it's a PX Mobibook file.

So... am I just out the money or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Try the tools at DarkReverser using the PID that was actually inserted
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
dboggny
dboggny began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
This may sound a bit stupid, but I had a similar problem as described above once. I looked at the web page you mention and couldn't figure out how to download the program.
dboggny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboggny View Post
This may sound a bit stupid, but I had a similar problem as described above once. I looked at the web page you mention and couldn't figure out how to download the program.

I'm not entirely sure what the rules for talking about this stuff are on this forum.

Basically, you go the the site that the blog links to and hit the download button--safe the file as mobidedrm.py. Then you have to install Python. (Instructions are on the blog) and use that to run mobidedrm.py.

There is a thread on this somewhere in Mobiread.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
dboggny

Ah thanks. I am still new to the ebook thing. Now I see.
Advert
Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
dboggny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Well, I found a book at BooksOnBoard that I couldn't locate on Amazon's Kindle, so I thought I'd give Igor's script a whorl.

I got it working, and purchased the book and bought the book. I didn't realize at the time that when it saved the PID it removed the asterix when it's a PX Mobibook file.

So... am I just out the money or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
Can you tell us all how you made out with this? I am curious to see if it fixed your issue.
Thanks
Danny
Old 02-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Well, basically... Between me originally looking for the book on Amazon and this happening, Amazon added the book. I just bought it again because I couldn't get anything working.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote