Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
rsbrux
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Question Can't load unprotected PDF files on PRS-300

I just bought a PRS-300 and successfully loade a bunch of public domain ePUB books onto it using the Sony "Reader Library" software (running under Windows 7).
When I try to load PDF files however, I am getting the error message "there is no license to view on this device or it is authorized to another user", even though all of the content I am trying to load is unprotected (no DRM)! When I first tried to load unprotected PDFs on my PRS-300, I was prompted to register with Adobe. After doing so, the eReader Library still refuses to load the PDFs onto the PRS-300, displaying the error message in the original post. How can I get rid of it?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Are they PDF's you created or did you purchase them somewhere? Are they possibly password protected?

Non-DRM PDF's should be read without having to authorize.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
rsbrux
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
They are mostly unprotected PDFs from my employer, but a few I created myself. None are password protected. It now seems as though at least some, if not all of the PDFs were loaded, despite the error message. What is the significance of the error message?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:26 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Your ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) log in and password needs to be the exact same ones as the Sony Library to read the DRM protected files. Also, your computer and Sony 300 need to be registered/authorized through ADE and the Sony Library.

You can check MR's (MobileRead) Wiki (at the top of this page on the left side) for additional information about ADE and ascm files (DRM protected files).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe, pdf, prs-300, registered