Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
If you like Audiobooks get a NEW Kindle 2 for $159

I just ran across this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1000013251

If you sign up for a year of Audible's $14.95/1-credit per month plan they give you a $100 discount code letting you choose the qualifying device you want to apply the credit toward. If the device costs less than $100 then it's free.

We did something similar earlier this year and got an Nano for pretty much nothing, it was a 2-book per month deal paid all at once rather than this monthly deal...

Well, it seems the K2 as well as the DX qualify as they both play Audible files. If you already have an Audible ready player and like audiobooks as well as reading, this is a no brainer plan...you can also get an iPod Touch for $100 off as well. Just read the link above for the details.

A nice way to save on the reader if you are likely to have bought audiobooks over the course of the year anyway...

From the info I read this deal expires on 01/31/2010....I am thinking of a Creative Fuze 8GB player as I don't want a new Kindle and that device ends up being free ...could sell it though and buy something else.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Isnt getting a Kindle for audio books kinda silly? Paying a total of about $340 for a Kindle when getting an iPod or cheaper MP3 player makes ore sense?

I guess if you read a lot and listen to books a lot...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Depends on if you already had an ipod and wanted a kindle. And happened to be a person who likes audiobooks.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Isnt getting a Kindle for audio books kinda silly? Paying a total of about $340 for a Kindle when getting an iPod or cheaper MP3 player makes ore sense?

I love audiobooks and listen to them every time I get in the car (other times too). I wouldn't use the Kindle to listen to the audiobooks - I've got several mp3 players for that. I'd just be using the $100 credit to get a great price on a Kindle.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:

did you even think that through? If you don't like audiobooks then well DUH, it would not make sense...I believe that was in the title of the thread and also mentioned in my initial post...and who said anything abut having to use the Kindle to listed to the audiobooks? THINK...

I shudder to imagine what words you see when you read books. By all means when the voices tell you to burn things...go ahead and do it!!

Sorry, inane comments like that bug me no end...
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I love audiobooks and listen to them every time I get in the car (other times too). I wouldn't use the Kindle to listen to the audiobooks - I've got several mp3 players for that. I'd just be using the $100 credit to get a great price on a Kindle.
EXACTLY...
Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
did you even think that through? If you don't like audiobooks then well DUH, it would not make sense...I believe that was in the title of the thread and also mentioned in my initial post...and who said anything abut having to use the Kindle to listed to the audiobooks? THINK...

I shudder to imagine what words you see when you read books. By all means when the voices tell you to burn things...go ahead and do it!!

Sorry, inane comments like that bug me no end...
Right back at ya buddy. You get a $100 credit towards a Kindle and end up paying $180 in a year What a deal
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Right back at ya buddy. You get a $100 credit towards a Kindle and end up paying $180 in a year What a deal
It actually is a good deal if you'd buy the audiobooks anyway (which I would). Averaging anything under $20/audiobook if you're buying them separately is a pretty good deal. Are there better deals out there? Yes. Do they come with a $100 off offer for a Kindle? None that I've seen.

Last edited by KarenH; 01-04-2010 at 04:52 PM.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
brecklundin
Banned

I agree Karen...because we have two separate households we just bought two K2 Global version readers, one for a bit over $180 with WA sales tax and mine was $162.99 with overnight shipping. We already each have annual Audible subscriptions anyway. So, it can be looked at two ways...we got a $159 K2 with all of it's bells and whistles or we paid full price for the K2's then got 12 audiobooks from Audible for ~$80 or just $6.67/book which is cheaper than many ebooks...so we saved $200 on items we were going to buy anyway. Now if I find I don't like the K2 any better than the K1 I can sell it quickly at a nice profit in a day or two of listing it.

of course one of us HAD to buy a $100 cover for HER K2...me? I am happy with a simple padded pouch with a hard plastic insert to protect the display (I added that part) from Tom Bihn for $10...go figure...wimmin folk just like the fancy stuff...yeesh!! Actually it is a really sweet cover, but $100!!! ZOIKES!! Then again I never bought a designer purse and get my underwear from eBay. So, what do IIIIII know!!

This is the cover, like I said it is really a nice cover though I won't see it for a month or so...

Cole Haan Hand-Woven Patent Leather Kindle Cover with Hinge, Ruby Sugar

Still, just I know I have seen the same cover in Tijuana for $3.00...
Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
brecklundin
Banned

Gonna have my $159 (Amazon comp'd my $3.99 overnight because they screwed up and shipped it 2nd day but were able to get UPS to change it to next-day...love Amazon support) K2 Global sometime this afternoon, it will be fun to play with for a bit before I sell it. Then I can have the cash for a Pocketbook of some sort. And the cook part is I end up with a PB360 for about the same price $120ish off because I will end-up getting more for the K2 than list price on Amazon, even after eBay's cut. All for a subscription I would have paid for anyway.