Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #226
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
How did that work for you? My goal for the year was to read at least one contemp a month. Sadly, I didn't. My goal for this year....not to have a goal LOL. I'll keep working on my 2012 lists.
I've reached my goal of 100 books this year. Now at 108. 6 more Christmas books to go.

I found I read contemporaries alot faster than historical. I've always read more historicals than anything. So this year was a big change for me and I loved it. I discovered Cozy Mysteries and Urban Fantasy and read very few harlequins. I was just so burned out on cookie cutter storylines coming out lately. So while taking a break I have been collecting ones from 70s to 90s so this coming year I will have plenty to choose from.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #227
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I have never made a goal for reading. In these last few years, I have worked hard to get my boys though school, and my reading has suffered. Now, since they have left, I am thinking of setting a goal in the new year. How do you choose your goal. Is there books you don't count? I have quite a few hundred novella's that I can read 3 to 4 in a day, if I have nothing to do. Hell, I have been know to read 2 full length novels in a day, and start a third. I listen to audiobooks as well, so there are those too. Any suggestions?

Auntykatkat

PS where do you get those counter things I see in some of your signatures?
My advice is to use Goodreads Reading Challenge it will help and it motivated me to read more. Here's my GRC page so you can see how it works.

I don't count Novellas unless it's a anthology. Books have to be 50,000 words or more to count.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #228
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have her westerns. Was reading Heartland but after 4 chapters I decided to postpone it for later. This was last year before Christmas.
Nothing wrong with the story but I had Christmas romances to read and then I decided I would read only Contemporaries this year.

Xmas Books I finished in the last week: (Most are at Kobo for 40% off)
with Bargainmoose40 coupon)
  • The Cowboy from Christmas Past by Tina Leonard: This book gave me mental whiplash! I've never read anything like it and I've read alot Time Travel romances. 3/12 Stars
  • Christmas Wishlist by Karen Toller Whittenburg: This is a reissue of The Santa Suit it was a very sweet and heartwarming book that leaves you with that awwww feeling. 4 Stars Kobo Link
  • The Kid Who Stole Christmas by Linda Stevens: I enjoyed it but not much to say other than it's a Harlequin Intrigue but not much suspense. 3 Stars Kobo Link
  • I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus by Debbi Rawlins: Very cute story! I loved it! Another of those holiday books to get you into the Spirit. 3/12 Stars Kobo Link
  • The Good, the Bad and the Cuddly by Heather MacAllister: This is probably the one I've enjoyed the most so far in my 12 days of Christmas Stories. If you like fast pace page turners with bad boy heroes on motorcycles who have a good heart. You'll love this one. 4 1/2 Stars Kobo Link
  • The Santa Sleuth by Heather MacAllister: This was a giveaway back in July and is a Harlequin Romance title. It was cute but I had trouble feeling the chemistry between the couple. I didn't like the hero so maybe that's why but It's a quick read. 2 1/2 Stars
Is Heartland books digital? I haven't been able to find them. I am talking about the author from the Canadian show Heartland series on TV. I love that show.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #229
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Is Heartland books digital? I haven't been able to find them. I am talking about the author from the Canadian show Heartland series on TV. I love that show.
Heartland is a western romance by Rebecca Brandewyne that I own in paperback.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #230
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's a teaser of sorts for her new Beartooth, Montana series which starts with Unforgiven.
Fallen is now free @ Amazon.
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #231
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I can't seem to find any deals or freebies but I am looking! This close to Christmas I expected more.

I wanted to let you Romance fans know there is several Audibles on sale today for members at $3.95 a piece! I spent alot today. Here's my post from the thread to see what I bought in case you need recommendations.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #232
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Goodreads keeps track for me, too, but they aren't always matched up with my own shelf which I use to mark books read for 2012. I have marked 216 books, and goodreads says 226. My goal of 250 is not going to be met. Maybe I'll put 200 for 2013.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #233
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Goodreads keeps track for me, too, but they aren't always matched up with my own shelf which I use to mark books read for 2012. I have marked 216 books, and goodreads says 226. My goal of 250 is not going to be met. Maybe I'll put 200 for 2013.
Goodreads had a huge change this year so you may have lost a few titles. When Amazon removed them they had to find new sources so page urls change, covers....etc

I had to fix alot of stuff after that mess but it should be fine from now on.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #234
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Heartland is a western romance by Rebecca Brandewyne that I own in paperback.
Heartland I watch on Youtube (Canadian show) is from books that are only paperback, meant for young adults. I am old adult, I love the story. The author is Lauren Brooke. Why oh why hasn't she made the book digital by now? I am still a young adult at heart.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #235
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Speaking of changes, for those who have a library of books purchased at Ellora's Cave, they have updated the website. I was missing a book and had to send an e-mail. Also had to re-do my password. You might want to check it out to make sure everything is ok with your account. Just a heads up, your personal info and card information will have to be redone for safety reasons.

Oh, and I found the freebie: Feather Down by Lorie O'Clare

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #236
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Speaking of changes, for those who have a library of books purchased at Ellora's Cave, they have updated the website. I was missing a book and had to send an e-mail. Also had to re-do my password. You might want to check it out to make sure everything is ok with your account. Just a heads up, your personal info and card information will have to be redone for safety reasons.

Auntykatkat
While I'll probably never read it. I'm ashamed to say I got it for the cover. I do love her non EC books though.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #237
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Heartland I watch on Youtube (Canadian show) is from books that are only paperback, meant for young adults. I am old adult, I love the story. The author is Lauren Brooke. Why oh why hasn't she made the book digital by now? I am still a young adult at heart.
I don't know. This thread is mostly Adult romances, rarely we have some young Adult romances. I really enjoyed Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Easy by Tammara Webber and Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles this year. I got the Audibles and they were great!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #238
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:

Auntykatkat
That one is also free on Amazon - the cover does stand out.

Feather Down (Raptors Revealed, Book One) by Lorie O'Clare
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #239
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Hey, another Heartland watcher! As a Canadian, it's one of my personal favourites. I scooped up some more of the DVDs when they were on sale for Black Friday Week at Amazon.ca for half-price or so.

However, I've heard that the books are significantly different from the TV show. But they'll probably eventually make it to e-editions. Perhaps if you wrote to the publisher?
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #240
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Fallen is now free @ Amazon.
Also B&N, if anyone is interested.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote