Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does the .epub books need those line spaces between paragraphs? If so, I really won't be reading them as I find them rather annoying on a large enough screen. Can the quotes and apostrophes be converted to the curly kind?
The blank lines are put in by css processing and under control of the author (publisher). I just posted The Gambler in eb1150 format for anyone that is interested. I add the curly quotes and apostrophes and cleaned up some other nits. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14235
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #17
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I've updated the file once again and I think I'll put the ePub output on the website now. With a larger number of books, additional bugs could pop-up and we're hunting them right now ^^

Edit: It's online: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover
No cache for the epub files for the moment, it might take a few seconds the first time that you generate a file.

Last edited by Hadrien; 09-27-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I've updated the file once again and I think I'll put the ePub output on the website now. With a larger number of books, additional bugs could pop-up and we're hunting them right now ^^

Edit: It's online: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover
No cache for the epub files for the moment, it might take a few seconds the first time that you generate a file.
Great idea. It looks like anyone can now retrieve all of the books at the site in this format. Wonderful news.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #19
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Great idea. It looks like anyone can now retrieve all of the books at the site in this format. Wonderful news.

Dale
All of the public domain books indeed. We'll add it for user generated content and RSS feeds once we're over with this first beta for ePub.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:31 AM   #20
LOL2005
LOL2005 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Smile Custome PDF doesn't work

I have tried to make several custom pdf and always got the following error message:

File does not begin with '%PDF-'

I like the the project
LOL2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #21
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL2005 View Post
I have tried to make several custom pdf and always got the following error message:

File does not begin with '%PDF-'

I like the the project
OK. I'll fix this problem, we certainly removed or replaced something while updating the website to support ePub...

Edit: It should be working now.

Last edited by Hadrien; 09-29-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #22
LOL2005
LOL2005 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Thumbs up

Works fine now, thanks for the very quick fix
Cheers

LOL2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #23
Dan23
Connoisseur
Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Paperwhite 6.8"
I posted this as a comment under the Great Gatsby on feedbooks, but a number of .epub hare being generated incorrectly. Great Gatsby and Art of War are two. The link to certain chapters after a certain chapter all point towards the same incorrect point when I open those two books in Digital editions. In Great Gatsby chapter 5 and up link to the same page as page 2 in about. I was not able to find the rest of the book within digital editions. The problem is not present in the pdfs
Dan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #24
Dan23
Connoisseur
Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Other books with this problem (not a comprehensive list) are:
Woolf - Mrs. Dalloway.epub
Thoreau - On the Duty of Civil Disobediance.epub
Plato - Gorgias.epub
Orwell - Animal Farm.epub
Joyce - Ulysses.epub
When I open fb.xml in opera after unzipping it gives errors of the following nature "XML parsing failed: syntax error (Line: 1369, Character: 29)" (This is for Great Gatsby)
Old 09-29-2007, 11:21 PM   #25
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
Other books with this problem (not a comprehensive list) are:
Woolf - Mrs. Dalloway.epub
Thoreau - On the Duty of Civil Disobediance.epub
Plato - Gorgias.epub
Orwell - Animal Farm.epub
Joyce - Ulysses.epub
When I open fb.xml in opera after unzipping it gives errors of the following nature "XML parsing failed: syntax error (Line: 1369, Character: 29)" (This is for Great Gatsby)
Tried some of these: the whole text is present in the fb.xml but there's xhtml errors at some point (usually a problem with a <p> and <b> tag or a <p> and <i> tag) that explain the errors while clicking on a chapter. I'll update the flex or run the fb.xml through tidy to get rid of these problems...
Old 09-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #26
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Fixed. All the books that you listed are now correctly working in OpenBerg.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #27
Dan23
Connoisseur

This is a totally separate issue that I just stumbled upon by accident but when I try opening any fb.xml file for any epub in IE or Maxthon (ie based) I get a message of the following nature. It does not affect Digital Editions in any way and no such errors appear in Opera:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parameter entity must be defined before it is used. Error processing resource 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd...

%xhtml-prefw-redecl.mod;
-^
Old 09-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #28
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
This is a totally separate issue that I just stumbled upon by accident but when I try opening any fb.xml file for any epub in IE or Maxthon (ie based) I get a message of the following nature. It does not affect Digital Editions in any way and no such errors appear in Opera:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parameter entity must be defined before it is used. Error processing resource 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd...

%xhtml-prefw-redecl.mod;
-^
Well first of all these are not supposed to be opened in IE, but in DE/OpenBerg/FBReader instead ^_^

Style sheet problem ? Maybe you just unzipped fb.xml without the stylesheet directory ?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #29
Dan23
Connoisseur

Nope, I extracted the whole epub first and then tried opening fb.xml. I don't plan on opening it with IE in the future, but in case it was a problem I thought you should know. It is present in every ePub I tried. For all of them fb.xml opens fine in Opera and Firefox - so there may be some sort of error in the xml that Opera and Firefox overlooks but IE doesn't.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #30
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Nope, I extracted the whole epub first and then tried opening fb.xml. I don't plan on opening it with IE in the future, but in case it was a problem I thought you should know. It is present in every ePub I tried. For all of them fb.xml opens fine in Opera and Firefox - so there may be some sort of error in the xml that Opera and Firefox overlooks but IE doesn't.
OK, I'll try it with IE too, see if there's any error in the xml file, but it should be 100% valid xhtml now that I've fixed everything and run it through tidy.