Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I loved the first 4 books (when the series was called Love & Glory). I have them in print from when they were originally released (which is when I read them). I read most of the books after it became Morgan's Mercenaries, but didn't keep them. I bought the first 4 between Sony and Kobo this past weekend. Not sure when I will reread them. I still have over 100 Harlequin books to read/reread from the big Christmas sale two years ago :P

So many books, so little time...
I have over 290 titles from that sale unread. I did the mistake of trying to start a multi author series from the silhouette bombshell series. The Athena Academy series and I'm on book two and stuck. It's horrible. What a waste of money. There is like 20 books in the series too. I have the first 12. ugh!

I've heard some good things about Morgan's Mercenaries series happy to know someone loved them. It's makes me feel I am taking less than a risk after the Athena series.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #32
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
[QUOTE=Blue2u;2500483]I'm not sure what RT is, but it sounds like fun! [I'm guessing some type of romance readers convention].

/QUOTE]

Sorry, yes it is a convention. I met so many authors; MaryJanice Davidson, Christine Feehan, Elizabeth Hoyt, Jade Lee, Catherine Asaro, Angela Knight, Heather Graham and more. I was told that my name would be a great name for a character, sat and ate dinner with some cover models and authors and went to balls. I am deeply thankful to have met and talked personally to LA Banks and Judi McCoy before they died. They were beautiful women and Judi helped me have the courage to try to learn to belly dance. It was great fun.

I went by myself both times and still met people even though I did not stay in the hotel. I live in Florida and drove back and forth every day. I came home with so much stuff. Many of it free books. Both times I went I came back with enough books that it made up the money I spent on the convention. Blossom, if you ever get to go, I would go with you.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #33
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free @ Amazon

Scrap Metal by Harper Fox
Samhain's Freebie for May
I can recommend this one as really good. It is m/m.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I can recommend this one as really good. It is m/m.
I was in such a tizzy this morning I forgot to label it m/m.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #35
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
I have over 290 titles from that sale unread. I did the mistake of trying to start a multi author series from the silhouette bombshell series. The Athena Academy series and I'm on book two and stuck. It's horrible. What a waste of money. There is like 20 books in the series too. I have the first 12. ugh!
I have most of the series, too. Justine Davis is an autobuy for me. The problem with the series (and most of the Bombshell books I've read) is that there is not enough romance in them. Still, there are some books in the series I liked. But it is more action/adventure than romance for sure.
Quote:
I've heard some good things about Morgan's Mercenaries series happy to know someone loved them. It's makes me feel I am taking less than a risk after the Athena series.
Stick with reading just the first four. She does something with several books in the later part of the series which lessons the HEA of one of the early books. It's what made me stop reading her. [trying not to be too spoilery]
Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #36
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Thanks, everyone. My TBR is growing by leaps and bounds. And......my monthly book budget is shrinking rapidly.

But reading is such fun.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post

Sorry, yes it is a convention. I met so many authors; MaryJanice Davidson, Christine Feehan, Elizabeth Hoyt, Jade Lee, Catherine Asaro, Angela Knight, Heather Graham and more. I was told that my name would be a great name for a character, sat and ate dinner with some cover models and authors and went to balls. I am deeply thankful to have met and talked personally to LA Banks and Judi McCoy before they died. They were beautiful women and Judi helped me have the courage to try to learn to belly dance. It was great fun.

I went by myself both times and still met people even though I did not stay in the hotel. I live in Florida and drove back and forth every day. I came home with so much stuff. Many of it free books. Both times I went I came back with enough books that it made up the money I spent on the convention. Blossom, if you ever get to go, I would go with you.
Oh that would be awesome! Sounds like you made alot of good memories to cherish. I didn't know about Judi McCoy. I have some of her books. I had wonder why there are little of her back list available now I know why.

I too read that you get alot of free books when going. I will just have to live vicariously through Facebook for now.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I have most of the series, too. Justine Davis is an autobuy for me. The problem with the series (and most of the Bombshell books I've read) is that there is not enough romance in them. Still, there are some books in the series I liked. But it is more action/adventure than romance for sure.
Stick with reading just the first four. She does something with several books in the later part of the series which lessons the HEA of one of the early books. It's what made me stop reading her. [trying not to be too spoilery]
I still can't believe Justine Davis wrote that book. Proof is the only book of hers I didn't like. I totally agree you very little romance. My problem is everything they are trying to cram into a 3hr book. Too many plots and too many characters and no room for any romance. It's worse than whiplash.

Oh I don't mind if the HEA changes later just like in real life things can change. There is a Virginia Henley historical series I think it is where in book two book one hero is actually killed by his son in law who is the hero of book two. They became enemies. How that's for screwing up the HEA.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #39
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If it helps, there's a bit more romance between the same two characters in Justine Davis' Flashback.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #40
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Those Bombshell books weren't supposed to be romances, although they did often include a romantic component. I don't think Harlequin does a great job labeling their non-romance lines, though.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Those Bombshell books weren't supposed to be romances, although they did often include a romantic component. I don't think Harlequin does a great job labeling their non-romance lines, though.
I can handle non romances. I read alot of Cozies set up that way. The problem with the Athena series is you have three to four plots going on in the same book. The book is small and can be read in about 3hrs. It's crazy.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-02-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
If it helps, there's a bit more romance between the same two characters in Justine Davis' Flashback.
Oh well that's good to know and my library has it, if I ever get that far. At this point I am abandoning the series. Maybe I will pick it up someday but it's just not that well done and the writers are fantastic writers just too many constraints were given for them to write a decent story.

I'm not abandoning the Bombshell line just the Athena series. It's just too much going on and not enough pages to tell it all.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-02-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #43
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Oh, I knew that at the time. I was just hoping for a bit more romance. The same with the Harlequin Next line which didn't last long either.

I think because I was mostly buying specific authors who did write romance (for other Harlequin/Silhouette lines) I was more disappointed with many of the stories when they were originally released in print. Reading the new-to-me authors I bought during the big digital sale I am enjoying the Bombshell line more than I did back then as I mostly don't have the same expectations. But again, that is more author-expectation based than because of the line.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #44
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Love Revolution is on sale right now for $0.99. Book two in a Shakespeare inspired rock n' roll series by Michelle Mankin.

Has anyone read any of these? They say mature content but the first one especially looks like 15 year olds on the cover... I have a hard time not judging books by their covers!

The third book, Love Resolution, is only $0.98.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #45
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Oh that would be awesome! Sounds like you made alot of good memories to cherish. I didn't know about Judi McCoy. I have some of her books. I had wonder why there are little of her back list available now I know why.

I too read that you get alot of free books when going. I will just have to live vicariously through Facebook for now.
I did. Just for referance, the first convention cost me $490. I came home with books totaling about $570 at regular price. Almost 20 of them were trade paperbacks selling at 12.99-15.99 a pop. Plus I got most of these books signed by the authors that wrote them. I also came home with about 10 different bags like a beach bag to a insullated lunch box. So it does seem like alot of money, but you get your money's worth.

Next year it is going to be in New Orleans. If I can get a job, I am going to try and make it to that one. And stay at the hotel too this time.

Last edited by auntykatkat; 05-02-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Closed Thread