Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #361
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Have a look at this thread, it's linked there and also the WIKI
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #362
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
Hi, thanks for the link. However, after install procedure described HERE
I cannot find way to open that app in Apllications menu, neither in menu "open with" when I click on epub.
I copied coolreader cr3-pb.app only in system/bin folder, maybe it needs to be present in system/application as well?

Thanks for your help. Paula, troll05, anyone?
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #363
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
I copied coolreader cr3-pb.app only in system/bin folder, maybe it needs to be present in system/application as well?

Thanks for your help. Paula, troll05, anyone?
Presume you have modified the extensions.cfg to include cr3-pb.app, right?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #364
porga
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Presume you have modified the extensions.cfg to include cr3-pb.app, right?
No, I did not. What do I have to add so Coolreader will be registered as an aletrnative application (not default one)? Thanks.

EDIT: In ectensions.cfg at this moment I have entries for opening CBR/CBZ only.
Does tha mena that I have to fill it with all apps and formats available, or I can add only specific entries to coolreader ( For exampe, I want Adobe to be default app for epub, but I want fbreader and coolreader as alternative).
Adobe is default app system wide, so do I have to make entry for its file extensions in extensions.cfg as well?

Last edited by porga; 01-30-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #365
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
The line in the file extension.cfg could look this way:

epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB

What is missing here is AdobeViewer, I don't know it's exact name in the most recent firmware but it has to go into this line too. The first reader will be the default reader.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #366
porga
Connoisseur

From this page

Code:
pdf:@PDF_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,pdfviewer.app:ICON_PDF
epub:@EPUB_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB
acsm:@ACSM_file:1:AdobeViewer.app:ICON_ACSM
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docm:@DOC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
wlnk:@weblink:5:fbreader.app:ICON_WWW
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
mp3:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
app:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
pbi:@APP_file:4:sysinstall.app:ICON_APP
So adding Cool reader as default app for FB2 should be dole like this:
Quote:
fb2:@FB2_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app,fbreader180.app:ICON_FB2
First one is default, other two are optional for that file type

Last edited by porga; 01-30-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #367
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
In principle you are right. That is the way how you should include CoolReader. Although for this special case I have my doubts if it is a wise idea not to use FBReader as the default for fb2-files. At least, FBReader has been invented for this purpose. But if you think CoolReader works better for you for fb2, okay.

An old discussion of the extension.cfg you will find here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149
And maybe the CoolReader site
http://coolreader.org/e-index.htm
might be interesting to learn which formats CoolReader supports. I think it works well with chm-files too.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #368
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Among other formats supported by CoolReader FB.2 support is the best.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #369
porga
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
In principle you are right. That is the way how you should include CoolReader. Although for this special case I have my doubts if it is a wise idea not to use FBReader as the default for fb2-files. At least, FBReader has been invented for this purpose. But if you think CoolReader works better for you for fb2, okay.

An old discussion of the extension.cfg you will find here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149
And maybe the CoolReader site
http://coolreader.org/e-index.htm
might be interesting to learn which formats CoolReader supports. I think it works well with chm-files too.
I sued FB only as an example. I want to have CoolReader as an alternative for all file formats, not as default app. For start.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #370
porga
Connoisseur

And I forgot to ask this
:So extension.cfg is override file. But where is original file located where extensions are defined? I would like to copy entries from it and only add alternatives. Please explain.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #371
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
And I forgot to ask this
:So extension.cfg is override file. But where is original file located where extensions are defined? I would like to copy entries from it and only add alternatives. Please explain.
Both files are used, so you don't need to copy entries from one to the other. Your custom version is searched first for a match, and if none is found, then the default system version is used.

You should only be adding lines for new applications that you installed. Don't add lines from someone's old config file because the applications in there may not even be on your newer device. Let the default system extension.cfg file take care of the other formats.

The default system version is at /ebrmain/config/extensions.cfg, which is not accessible via USB mounting. You need to use some type of shell program to copy it to the SD card or /mnt/ext1 partition if you want to access it via USB.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-30-2013 at 01:09 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #372
porga
Connoisseur

but, if i want to add coolreader as an alternative for epub files, i cannot add just line for it, i have to add whole line as in default file plus coolreader entry. that is why i would like to extact default one and use lines from it.
Can someone post default file with all entries here (not user created, but OS default)?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #373
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Copy the following to /applications/copy-ext.app, run it from the Applications tab, and it will copy the file for you to the SD card.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cp /ebrmain/config/extensions.cfg /mnt/ext2/
If you use Windows, use an editor like Notepad++ to write the file and only put linefeeds at the end of the lines (and not carriage returns). Otherwise, it won't run the script.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #374
porga
Connoisseur

thanks, its been a wile since i used shell scripting but i think I can manage it...

EDIT: notepad++ LineFeed instructions: HERE

Quote:
Notepad++’s Find/Replace feature handles this requirement quite nicely. Simply bring up the Replace dialog (CTRL+H), select Extended search mode (ALT+X), search for “\r\n” and replace with “\n”:

Last edited by porga; 01-30-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #375
porga
Connoisseur

OK, here is content of default file, in case someone needs the same for reference:

Code:
hrss:@HTML_file:1:links.app:ICON_HTM
pdf:@PDF_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,pdfviewer.app:ICON_PDF
epub:@EPUB_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB
acsm:@ACSM_file:1:AdobeViewer.app:ICON_ACSM
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTML
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_HTM