Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
canicula
Enthusiast
canicula doesn't littercanicula doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, MacBook Air
Redeeming Connect eBooks Card

Hi, I bought a Sony reader in San Francisco yesterday. I'm just visiting from the UK so didn't enter a USA credit Card etc. when registering and authorising the Reader. I was able to get the $50 store credit for eBooks and the 50 free titles from the Classic list with no worries. Spent the $50 and downloaded 7 books (and a bunch of classic titles last night).

Today I bought 2 $25 eBook cards in Borders. However when I try to redeem them at the Connect Store it gives me an error that they are not valid. It actually says in the dialog box "Sorry, coupon code is invalid. Sorry, that coupon code is not valid".

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? has anyone got this to work with out having a USA credit card on file at the store?

BTW - Love the Reader. Was going to get an Iliad but to expensive at this stage for an impulse buy.

Ian
canicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
fekg
fekg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500, 505 & 700
I have exactly the same issue having purchased a couple Cards in Borders, Orlando over the weekend. I get the same "coupon not valid" message.

Anyone know how to redeem these cards for those with a non US credit card on thier account?
fekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
canicula
Enthusiast

I logged it with Sony Support. Just got an email back to say it should now be resolved. I haven't had a chance to try to redeem the cards again. I'll do it later today and post the result here.

I'm not sure from the correspondence if it was a general problem that has been fixed, or just my 2 cards that have been reset. I'd try your card again to see what happens.

Ian
Old 06-13-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
canicula
Enthusiast

Just successfully redeemed the 2 cards I had, and purchased a book using the credit. I might pick up another 2 later today to give me more credit to use over the next while back in the UK.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
fekg
fekg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500, 505 & 700
Great stuff!! I just tried mine again and it successfully added them to my account!
fekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
urseus
urseus began at the beginning.

Device: Reader
Is there a way to buy these online. So i can purchase them at borders internationally then redeem them at the connect store?
urseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 AM   #7
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Can you clarify exactly what these cards are called please as I'll pick some up when I am in the US next year.

Thanks
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote