Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #46
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Maybe it was a genuine holiday promotion Sony wanted anyone to be able to use to generate new interest in the Sony Bookstore. Why should we assume it is immoral or illegal to use this code? I enetered it and got 50 dollars credit.
I don't think we can assume it was either proper or improper to use it. Without any information, we'd be guessing either way. But I am certain that it would have been more responsible of me if I had checked it out before just plunging in and using it. Now, how I would have checked it out I have no idea.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #47
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I don't think we can assume it was either proper or improper to use it. Without any information, we'd be guessing either way. But I am certain that it would have been more responsible of me if I had checked it out before just plunging in and using it. Now, how I would have checked it out I have no idea.
I feel a little bit like an alcoholic responding to a 'free booze' sign. If it were anything but books, I'm sure I would have done my best to investigate and analyze. But it was *books*....
Kathy
Advert
Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #48
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
maybe Sony had the promo preset to certain limit, when a certain number of codes were redeemed the site automatically turned it off.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #49
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
It still works with new account

I just registered my 500 and the coupon code worked for me. Now i have $50 credit. It seemed to work for newly opened account.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:45 AM   #50
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Well waddaya know, it worked!!!!
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #51
wgrimm
Addict
wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Just tried the code...didn't work.
Well, it just worked for me- went $6 over and had to pay that amount, though. This benefits Sony- I see their prices are much more reasonable, and the selection is larger, so I might buy from there again in the future....
Old 12-31-2007, 08:34 AM   #52
wgrimm
Addict
wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Really? What's to stop someone without a Reader buying a few books and reading them on their PC using the Connect software?
Well, you ahve to have a Sony Connect account in order to use the code. If you open a new account, I believe that you have to plug your reader in to activate. So, I don't think anyone without a Reader will be using the code.

Lighten up- not everyone in the world is a thief! Why the heck would anyone read the book on their PC anyways? I HATE reading books on my PC, and I have a great monitor. I don't know anyone that actually reads entire books on their PCs.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #53
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I tried it yesterday and it wouldn't work for me, but I just tried it again and it worked fine. They must have upped the number of available credits, which also seems to point to a bit of viral marketing activity, otherwise why increase the number available.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:48 AM   #54
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I tried it yesterday and it wouldn't work for me, but I just tried it again and it worked fine. They must have upped the number of available credits, which also seems to point to a bit of viral marketing activity, otherwise why increase the number available.
I won't try it, but wonder what would happen if it worked once, and then a couple of days later, you tried it again?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #55
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I won't try it, but wonder what would happen if it worked once, and then a couple of days later, you tried it again?
Sorry, that coupon code is not valid.We apologize but you have exceeded your maximum number of redemptions permitted for this code. If you have additional questions or if you feel you are receiving this message in error, please contact customer support at the link below.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:19 AM   #56
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
I tried it again after I immediately depleted my credit. It said the credit has been and no longer can be used for my account. This says #1 it's legit and NOT STEALING if they put it back up and it works, and #2 You can not use it more than once per account. Either way, bery nice of them and very much appreciated by me.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #57
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrimm View Post
I HATE reading books on my PC, and I have a great monitor. I don't know anyone that actually reads entire books on their PCs.
I used to all the time before I ever had a PDA and before e-ink devices like this existed. I can't imagine reading a book on the original connect software, though. I just checked out the site and it looks like they recently improved the program, but the original software than came with the 500 is complete crap.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #58
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Theoretically if I had two accounts and my reader was attached to one account. On the other account could I transfer books to the reader.

Theoretically ...
Old 12-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #59
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Thanks for the 2nd heads up. It didn't work yesterday but it just worked fine for me. I had already shot off an irate customer service inquiry (I still can't enter the $10 off on e-book code from my 2nd Borders-bought 505).
Old 12-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #60
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
So I used the code and got the credit.... but I looked for a good 30 minutes and couldnt find a single thing to buy.

Ill probably get the Daring Book for Girls because my girlfriend showed interest in it (Dangerous Book for Boys is not on the store though... disappointing and strange considering every other book the author has written is on there.)

Id get some design books as Im a graphic designer for an employment newspaper, but most of them are the kind of thing you can either find in the myriad of poorly put together free technical ebooks or incredibly outdated (the only photoshop book they have is for PHOTOSHOP 6.)

This will probably go to waste just like the 100 free classic ebooks (which I lost in a reformat and cant redownload, so double waste right there.)

Sigh.
Closed Thread