Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 04:07 AM   #31
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acataloger View Post
Then why hasn't slickdeals.net been shut down? I'm just asking....
Perhaps Slickdeals & co took the necessary precautions not to be shut down (by choosing the "right" server location, etc.). It was the right thing to react promptly and discuss the legality of the coupon code. Now that the coupon is easy to find elsewhere on the Net and that Sony could have easily restricted the code to newly restricted device (had they wanted to), we believe it's OK to post it here. Whether to use it is a matter for your own conscience
Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think personally it's little short of stealing to use a coupon when you haven't purchased the product. Just my personal opinion.
Advert
Old 12-30-2007, 05:50 AM   #33
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think personally it's little short of stealing to use a coupon when you haven't purchased the product. Just my personal opinion.
But you did purchase the product. Nobody without a Reader can use it.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
But you did purchase the product. Nobody without a Reader can use it.
Really? What's to stop someone without a Reader buying a few books and reading them on their PC using the Connect software?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:56 AM   #35
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Really? What's to stop someone without a Reader buying a few books and reading them on their PC using the Connect software?
This perhaps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Didn't work for me but I'm a PRS-500 type. Maybe it's only for the 505.
Advert
Old 12-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
This perhaps:
The reason it may not have worked is that the code entered may have been the code showing after I edited out the code and the wrong code was put in.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 AM   #37
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason it may not have worked is that the code entered may have been the code showing after I edited out the code and the wrong code was put in.
Quite possibly, because it worked fine and dandy with my PRS-500
Old 12-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #38
likki
likki began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Seems no luck with me. They said the coupon has some number limitation...
Any people with the same problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	redeem_failed.png
Views:	399
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	8576  
Old 12-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #39
TadW
Uebermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by likki View Post
Seems no luck with me. They said the coupon has some number limitation...
Any people with the same problem?
Maybe they've disabled it from now on?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #40
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
AUGH!!!! Day late and $50 Short, I need to check Mobileread more often, coupon is expired.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #41
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I spent my $50 about ten minutes after fakehate's first post. I'm not sure that I'm happy that I did that, but it certainly worked then.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #42
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Maybe it was a genuine holiday promotion Sony wanted anyone to be able to use to generate new interest in the Sony Bookstore. Why should we assume it is immoral or illegal to use this code? I enetered it and got 50 dollars credit.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #43
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Maybe it was a genuine holiday promotion Sony wanted anyone to be able to use to generate new interest in the Sony Bookstore. Why should we assume it is immoral or illegal to use this code? I enetered it and got 50 dollars credit.
when did you enter it because it wont work for me....and I have a brand new 505.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #44
bigmartyn
bigmartyn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
One member of this forum buys Sony gift cards for people outside the USA. The member's name is Leaping Gnome.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=6455
Doh! I did know that and I'd forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #45
mbagsh55
Enthusiast
mbagsh55 doesn't littermbagsh55 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700/Zaurus SL-3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
I am in the "oh gosh, oh buggery" camp, having just bought a PRS-505 and being unable to use connect from home (Macintosh user), relying on the work PC, but not on Sundays....

That said, I agree with Roy that this looks like a piece of viral marketing, the timing is right with holidays and a new competitor from Amazon and Sony have not been afraid to try new marketing approaches in the past with PSP and Playstation.

Congratulations to any Sony Reader users who caught the deal and to anyone who grabbed it without a reader, I hope it whets your appetite enough to buy a device.

Happy New Year,
Marcus
Closed Thread