Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
New EB1150 Owner

..., well kind of

I bought this device from my daughters 8th birthday. She reads a lot and has borrowed my Sony Reader on a few occasions.

This device is perfect for her she since he loves reading in bed. I thought having a backlit LCD device would be better than an eInk.

So now I'm looking for a good few books to buy so I can have them preloaded for her birthday. Any suggestions?

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
..., well kind of

I bought this device from my daughters 8th birthday. She reads a lot and has borrowed my Sony Reader on a few occasions.

This device is perfect for her she since he loves reading in bed. I thought having a backlit LCD device would be better than an eInk.

So now Ia'm looking for a good few books to buy so I can have them preloaded for her birthday. Any suggestions?

=X=
s that 2nd or 3rd grade? My daughters second graders love Beverly Cleary, also the Amelia Bedelia books, anything by Shel Silverstein, (The Giving Tree is awesome) Magic Treehouse books......the list is endless for this age. What an awesome gift for her. As her dad, I"m sure you know what types of books she likes......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
s that 2nd or 3rd grade? My daughters second graders love Beverly Cleary, also the Amelia Bedelia books, anything by Shel Silverstein, (The Giving Tree is awesome) Magic Treehouse books......the list is endless for this age.
She will be entering 3rd grade. Cleary, has a few lines, should I just stick with Romona? I remember as a kid I liked the Mortorcycle series, but I'm not sure that is for a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
As her dad, I"m sure you know what types of books she likes......
I have an idea, but I'd like to tap into the knowledge of the mobileread community.

Thank you,
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
She will be entering 3rd grade. Cleary, has a few lines, should I just stick with Romona? I remember as a kid I liked the Mortorcycle series, but I'm not sure that is for a girl.

I have an idea, but I'd like to tap into the knowledge of the mobileread community.

Thank you,
=X=
\

Truthfully, I"d give her lots of choices. Put just one or two of each on the reader. Let her tell you which ones she really likes, and would like to read more of. The more choices, the better the chances she'll stay an interested reader. Is she an advanced reader? The American Girls collection is good. Does she like mystery or sci fi? You can always go to Amazon.com, click on 'books, then click on "childrens books" then go by age and it will give you lots of options. I know you can't download books for your reader from there, but it will give you ideas. Also, check with her teacher for more titles, series, etc that are popular with girls her age. Most of all, talk with her and let her choose. Sorry to go on and on, but this is a pet project of mine. Keep those kids reading! (and don't forget to make her memorize her multiplication tables.)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well there are a few here as Mobile Read that can be downloaded. I posted Alice in Wonderland with full illustrations. You might start with that. There is a perl program that can convert mobi2imp so also check the mobipocket files that have been posted and convert them. There are several stores including fictionwise that still sell books that will work on this device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote