Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
forregmyself
forregmyself began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Need Help for fetching news in Kindle3

hi, I have a problem when I use calibre.
I use calibre to send the news to my XXX@free.kindle.com by my google account.

But, I found that if previous issue stored in my kindle, then the newest issus can not be delivered to my kindle unless I delete the previous one.

I guess the same filename leads to the problem. So maybe if the filename change to be {title}+{timestamp}, the problem will be solved.

eg: I booked "BBC News(fast)"
I received the 2011/4/8 issue and kept in my kindle. Then in 2011/4/9 after I download the news and the send it to my kindle. My kindle doesn't have any response to receive the newest "BBC News(fast)". At this time, if I delete the 2011/4/8 issue and resend the newest issue, the newest issue will be delivered to the kindle successfully soon.

Does anyone have the same problem with me? Do you have a good solution?

Hope for calibre developers noticing the problem and fixing it in the next version!

PS: Calibre is so powerful. I love it!
forregmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your new news downloads are probably going into the archive on the Kindle, look there.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert