Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
Marcels
Marcels began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Copy Kobo default books to other device

I've just purchased a Kindle 3.

I'm now wondering if it is possible to copy the default Kobo books off to a computer, convert them to MOBI with Calibre and then save them on the Kindle?

If it is possible am I legally able to do this?

It's not a major issue. I plan to share the Kobo and Kindle with my girlfriend, we could just swap eReaders when we want to read books on the other device but it would be cool to have them on both.

Also if I buy a Kindle or Kobo book can I install it on both devices at the same time?
Marcels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

As I could see, all those books are free to download and read.
I'm sure you will find them in both epub and moby format, with-
out any trouble.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/ has beautifully formatted DRM free ePUBs of most (if not all) of the books. You can easily convert them to mobi.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
Marcels
Marcels began at the beginning.

Thanks for the info and the link.
Marcels is offline   Reply With Quote