Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
paula-t
Edge User

After brainstorming and marketing ideas... positive action

Both Filark and I have thought of an idea, and that is starting to post our first-hand, informed reviews at Amazon, Buy.com, JR and all the other sales sites which have a "review" option for users.

I have already posted mine in Amazon, and I have found at least one recognizable forum member who left comments on other people's reviews as well.

I have seen that many people who leave negative reviews haven't really given it a try, or they report issues which do not have to do with device shortcomings, and so their opinions tend to discourage potential customers. On the contrary, our reviews based on a long-term use and a deep exploration of the possibilities are not represented there, and potential customers would really be interested in getting to know why we like our Edges. Most of them do not log into this Forum, so they never come to know.

So I propose that all of us who are interested could visit these sites and try to review the PE and the EE as first-hand committed users. We are concerned thinking of marketing strategies, but this is a most simple positive action within our reach.

What do you think?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
JobooNeedsARefill
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
Both Filark and I have thought of an idea, and that is starting to post our first-hand, informed reviews at Amazon, Buy.com, JR and all the other sales sites which have a "review" option for users.

I have already posted mine in Amazon, and I have found at least one recognizable forum member who left comments on other people's reviews as well.

I have seen that many people who leave negative reviews haven't really given it a try, or they report issues which do not have to do with device shortcomings, and so their opinions tend to discourage potential customers. On the contrary, our reviews based on a long-term use and a deep exploration of the possibilities are not represented there, and potential customers would really be interested in getting to know why we like our Edges. Most of them do not log into this Forum, so they never come to know.

So I propose that all of us who are interested could visit these sites and try to review the PE and the EE as first-hand committed users. We are concerned thinking of marketing strategies, but this is a most simple positive action within our reach.

What do you think?
Definitely a great idea.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
borisb
Edge User

I second that.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
alex_edge
Edge User

My review of the PE on Amazon has been "the most helpful" for a couple of months now. I tried to be as thorough as possible, and also to steer people who would be likely to prefer an ipad someplace else...

Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
paula-t
Edge User

Ah, so it was you! :P

Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Ah, so it was you! :P
Pretty sneaky of me, I know

Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

According to Amazon's TOS, you're only supposed to review products you purchased on Amazon.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiposius Maximus View Post
According to Amazon's TOS, you're only supposed to review products you purchased on Amazon.
I've certainly seen many reviews that explicitly state the reviewer bought the item someplace other than Amazon. YMMV.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #9
paula-t
Edge User

To be able to write a review (in terms of what you can actually do), you just have to be registered as a user in Amazon. I am an Amazon verified user, but I have bought my Edge at Ebay, and I had to problem posting my review or commenting those of others. I didn't get any notice warning about this.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

Quote:
To be able to write a review (in terms of what you can actually do), you just have to be registered as a user in Amazon. I am an Amazon verified user, but I have bought my Edge at Ebay, and I had to problem posting my review or commenting those of others. I didn't get any notice warning about this.
They don't really police it, but it is in the TOS... I suspect they're more concerned with people reviewing things they didn't buy at all, as explained here. Or you can see Amazon's Customer Review "Guidelines".

Last edited by Adiposius Maximus; 04-13-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
AguaKate
Edge User

Good suggestion! I had already posted a review on B&H (where I bought my EE). I just posted on Amazon and J&R as well! I just used my Edge to record interviews while writing notes out in the field today, and I just love my edge so much I can hardly stand it.