Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Bluebird
Bluebird began at the beginning.

Device: netbook
Unhappy converting problem #'s and titled inserted

I am having trouble converting half of my PDF and Lit files to Mobipocket format. Or rather I can make a mobi version but every page or two has a number or the book title inserted or both. It make it very frustrating to read. I an edit it in txt format but it is very time consuming and tedious. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? I have tried many combinations in the conversion from input to output but have not found the correct one. I don't know why half of the ebooks convert without a problem and others don't?
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
every page or two has a number or the book title inserted or both.
That's because the book you start with has that in it. You need to select the remove header or remove footer option. Then you need to put the correct code into that option so that it works for the book you are converting. There is a wizard there to help you, but it's still not easy.

Quote:
I don't know why half of the ebooks convert without a problem and others don't?
Because the books are different. You'll need to either live with the header footer in the text, or remove it for those books that have it, but different books will require different techniques to get rid of it. Searching here for "header" or "footer" may help. Eventually, there will be a new pdf converter engine that will help with pdfs, but it won't be tomorrow.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert