Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
zcqsimon
zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Smile Is it possible to install the fireware of T1 on 650?

Hi, every expert

Is it possible to install the fireware of T1 on 650?

I mean except the wiki connection, others should be the same, so it that possible to flash the firmware of T1 into 650? So that we could using the android platform, like multi-touch support, font change support?
zcqsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
9033 began at the beginning.

Device: 600, 650 and T1
Excuse me if I have posted this in a wrong place. Yet, it may be connected with the firmware of T1 and 650. I am not an IT man and know not much about the firmware of either T1 or 650. But judging from my hand-on experience, the performance of T1 is not better than that of 650. I own both 650 and T1 (just received). As far as the speed of page turning is concerned, the T1 is just a bit faster, but this is confined to reading English text files (both readers can not "read" Chinese characters except those in PDF), while the screen refreshing rate of T1 is not as good as 650. As for Chinese-characters-PDF, the 650 uploading them fast, page-turning them fast as if it is reading English text files, while the T1 is totally unacceptable: takes many many many seconds to take effect (I at first suspect that the T1 has been hanged). All in all, I am very disappointed with the T1, leaping backward instead of forward.
9033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
zcqsimon
zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your kind reply, I thought it's better than old system, but it seems have a lot of bugs, the old one is actually good enough for normal reading
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Nobody knows for sure.
This didn't work for earlier models, so rather unlikely.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Very unlikely, as firmware is processor and other hardware dependent.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #6
zcqsimon

Understood, dear kartu, I'm very interested in the PRS+ project, but I cannot install it on my 650, what should I do?
Is it because I flashed the boroda's firmware which was modified by myself adding Chinese font? I don't know where to post it, so I just wait maybe new android system could be available, but now I have to go back to your wonderful prs+ again.

Tags
firmware, prs-650, prs-t1