Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #31
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I think it is quite reasonable for those bezels to get mocked, especially on the smaller devices, they have some benefit on a larger device where it makes the device easier to hold, but on the smaller ones it just makes them a little less portable for no benefit.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #32
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The Pocketbook 360 isn't getting cancelled.
Doesn't get more pocketable than that.
Yea, it does... That extra width on the side just ain't cool unless you're sporting cargo pants. Hell, my PRS-600 doesn't fit in a normal pants pocket, only a jacket pocket, and those super duper wide bezels do not inspire confidence. oh why can't the world do exactly what I want...
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 05:30 AM   #33
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Quote:
Pocketbook 602 - screen size 90x120mm; expected overall dimensions 130x180x10mm.
Pocketbook 902 - screen size 140x203; expected overall dimensions 195x265x11mm
Kindle DXG: 183x264x10mm
Kindle 3 : 122x190x8.5mm

I think we're going to hear a *lot* about those iPad-ish bezels...
They look wide, but in comparison with the kindles it's definitely reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
I think it is quite reasonable for those bezels to get mocked, especially on the smaller devices, they have some benefit on a larger device where it makes the device easier to hold, but on the smaller ones it just makes them a little less portable for no benefit.
Sometimes I wonder if those people who prefer a narrow bezel also usually read with their device in its cover. I prefer to use them without cover, and thus like a wide bezel so I have something to hold on to without straining my hand.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:36 AM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I must resist
I must resist
I must resist
I must resist
I love the red one
I must resist
I must resist
Temptation get thee before me !!!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #35
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I really want that 903! I may be in the minority, but I like the look of the larger bezel. Then again, I carry my readers in my (large) purse, so portability isn't as much of an issue for me as it is for people who carry them in their pockets. I do wish that we could buy these readers with the new Pearl screens... I will still probably get the 903 over the Kindle DX.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #36
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I really want that 903! ... I will still probably get the 903 over the Kindle DX.
Me too
Although i'm not sure about 902 or 903.
Don't need 3G but a non-glare touchscreen would be nice.
Let's see the prices and then re-think.

Definitely 90x than Kindle DXG
Don't like the keyboard and the Amazon lock-in.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #37
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I am a little underwhelmed.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #38
rammbam
Enthusiast
rammbam began at the beginning.

Device: none
I already canceled an order for Kindle DXG,cse of this announcement.I hope I made the right choice.But,does any know when these devices ll be released? Im internested in 902,903 models only.
rammbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #39
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
I was looking for a large'ish ebook reader for quite some time now. Just registered because of this announcement!

I am _really_ excited about the upcoming 902/903 models.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #40
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammbam View Post
I already canceled an order for Kindle DXG,cse of this announcement.I hope I made the right choice.But,does any know when these devices ll be released? Im internested in 902,903 models only.
The IFA presentation PDF says November for the new models.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #41
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
In time for Christmas ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #42
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Time enough to save up... Though if the price is at about the same level as a Kindle DX I'll probably prefer a Kindle.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #43
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Nobody has a better reputation than PocketBook, but I'll withhold judgment on these devices' sales potential until I learn the prices.
Really?

They do look cool, although the sides look rather wide on some of them (is that what you guys mean by bezels?). Must be good for holding them, but it feels a bit like a waste of real estate.

Since they are changing their hardware manufacturer, it's hard to make assumptions as to what they will be like in terms of use. I wasn't very impressed by the PB360's software, I'm afraid.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #44
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammbam View Post
I already canceled an order for Kindle DXG,cse of this announcement.I hope I made the right choice.
Of course you didn't.

They will not have pearl screen, for sure; and, most likely they will be more expensive.

And most of all, you can't be sure if and when they will be really marketed. Where did all of those models shown at CES, CEBIT and the latest show in Moscow this spring end up?
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #45
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Ah, I love it when I go to offline for a bit only to and back to great news!!! I love how the new readers look. So preetttyy Can't wait for IFA so that some of the reviewers can get their hands on these babies.

The 602 (and 902 probably?) are definitely high on my list of readers to purchase.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook