Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
hkdorama
hkdorama began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Sony Reader, Kindle 2
Font-size problem, Kindle 2

For one of the styles in my book, I set "font-size:small;" but on the Kindle the font size still looks set at normal size. Could somebody say what could be wrong?

The way I am making my Kindle file is this: Since I also need to make the book for iBooks, I first make an EPUB file and then convert it to MOBI using KindleGen. Could that be the reason?
hkdorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
chengyibo
chengyibo began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
to do like this

you can to do like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	未命名.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	60447  
chengyibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
I think it's simply a case of the Kindle not supporting the "small" value for font-size. I tried a quick test file and it ignored that styling. However both percentage and em values worked OK, so you could try using one of them instead. For example:

font-size:80%;
or
font-size:0.8em;

- Donna
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote