Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #31
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
For note taking:
Handwritten: Noteshelf, which may be replaced by the newest version of Notes Plus
I recently bought Notability as it was 80% off. It seems pretty good from my thus far limited use, but if I recall correctly you've done some more thorough investigation. If you looked at Notability, could you tell me what, if any, deficiencies you thought it had (or how it compared to, for instance, your above preferences)?

Cheers,
Marc (enjoying his new Wacom Bamboo iPad stylus)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #32
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hi Marc.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #33
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hi Marc.
G'day, babe!
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #34
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Downcast.

Apple completely screwed up the default music player app for podcast usage in ios5 for a multitude of reasons (actually reducing functionality from the previous version!) so I was forced to look elsewhere.

Downcast (there's other equivalents) is a podcast catcher and is a TREMENDOUS leap in usability and functionality over the default music app. So much so, I can't see myself ever going back to the baked in music app, even if Apple were to 'fess up to their big mistake and improve it. Easily my most used app, and I'm actually glad Apple ruined the default app as I'd probably have ignorantly stuck with it otherwise.

Again, this is purely related to podcasts, I don't use my iPad for music at all.
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #35
vonCZ
Connoisseur
vonCZ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vonCZ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vonCZ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yegon View Post
Downcast (there's other equivalents)
perhaps the most popular 'equivalent' is Podcaster; I used this for a year but was *consistantly* frustrated with it, as it's poorly designed, IMO. I downloaded/installed Downcast a few months ago and haven't looked back: great product!
vonCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #36
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I recently bought Notability as it was 80% off. It seems pretty good from my thus far limited use, but if I recall correctly you've done some more thorough investigation. If you looked at Notability, could you tell me what, if any, deficiencies you thought it had (or how it compared to, for instance, your above preferences)?

Cheers,
Marc (enjoying his new Wacom Bamboo iPad stylus)
Hi Marc!

The Wacom Bamboo is great, I love mine and bought one for my mother for Christmas, she loves it too! And she had to buy a cheap stylus for her granddaughter who kept borrowing her Bamboo

I don't think I have come across Notability, there are so many of these apps! It looks pretty good and it's only 0.79€ (maybe the sale is still on?) so I might try it.

I just downloaded a new version of Noteshelf last night. I haven't played with it much but it now has typed text and the ability to tag pages. I haven't tested any of this yet. For the moment it remains my favorite app, I just love the look and feel of it, it's simple and uncluttered, and I guess if I'm going to take handwritten notes on an incredibly sophisticated electronic device such as the iPad, I just want it to look and behave like a good old paper notebook.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonCZ View Post
perhaps the most popular 'equivalent' is Podcaster; I used this for a year but was *consistantly* frustrated with it, as it's poorly designed, IMO. I downloaded/installed Downcast a few months ago and haven't looked back: great product!
Yeah, it's tremendous. By equivalents, I was merely pointing out there's other options available. Downcast was my first and only purchase, can't really say how well/badly it stacks up against rival catcher apps, I just know I'm incredibly satisfied with it.
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #38
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
Atomic Web Browser- in my opinion, the best web browser available right now
Kindle for iPad
My Journal
Flipboard
Words with Friends
Tower Maddness
AppZapp- great resource for discovering new Apps which are on sale or free for a limited time.

These are just a few Apps I really like and use almost daily
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #39
IMoL
IMoL began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle 4NT, KK (left on plane!)
My favourites:

Reading:
iBooks
ShuBook
GoodReads

Other:
Flipboard
Zite
WeatherPro HD
Dropbox
Feeddler
NewsFlash
TuneIn Radio
Flexplayer
Wikipanion
Living Earth
IMoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #40
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Yesterday, I came across a birdwatching app, iBird, which is 50% off at the moment. There are many versions of the app, mostly centered on North America, but I bought the one for the UK. That's the closest I could find to home, apparently there is no equivalent for France. Anyway, the app looks good, although the descriptive texts seem a bit short to me. I only gave it a very quick look but if anybody is interested, I could give a better review tonight. These apps are not cheap, so 50% off is not to be scorned.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #41
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Air Video
Kindle
WeatherPro HD
Dropbox
Facebook

Aha, there are too much, as I got so many cool list of iPad app:
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/39307/best-ipad-2-apps
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-20-free-apps-ipad/
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #42
jamesdoc
jamesdoc began at the beginning.

Osfoora is the best among them but check callingbook for the other application
jamesdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #43
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Kindle
Dropbox
iBooks
Box
Goodreader
Goodreads
Pages
Crunchyroll
CityTV
Global TV
CBC (the last three are Canadian tv channels and likely aren't available outside of Canada)
Manga Rock
Comic Viewer
Stanza
CloudReaders
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #44
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
iBooks and Safari probably account for 95% of my iPad usage. About the only other app I use consistently is a blood pressure diary.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #45
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
This isn't exactly a favorite app, but it is kind of fun, and it's cheap (99¢).

The Onion Magic Answer Ball app.

I'm going to warn you though: Divining the future isn't always a family-friendly or work-safe undertaking with this app!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote