Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
PRS-600 Collections and Calibre

The Sony Library software is buggy and crashes as soon as I try doing anything. I still want to use collections. It's just not practical having all my books in just one long list.

Is there anyway to use Calibre to create collections on the Sony PRS-600? ...and then organise them into them?

Thanks for any help.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
In calibre, change the tags to make collections. If you want a book in more than one collection, give it two tags. If you want collections based upon author, make single tags that are in the name of the author for each book and all books by that one author will show in that collection.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Tags are all right for collections I guess, but imagine my dismay when I sent a book to the device and it had 27+ tags. I suddenly had more collections than I had books on my reader.

I quickly found out how to edit the send to device template so that I had only one collection per book or group of books. I just have {author}/{title} but could be modified to series or whatever.

Not as versatile perhaps but I don't want to delete all the tags and just put in ones for collections.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
If you've got 27 tags on each of your books, you might be slightly overdoing the tagging. And I thought I was a bit obsessive with four or five per!

If you enclose a tag in square brackets, it won't be used to set up collections. For example, I have [main] and [card] to tell me where to send particular books, [paid] for commercially purchased ebooks, my workflow tag [processed], etc. They probably get used within calibre itself more than any of the other tags, but my 505 never hears about them.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
AgentBEATS
Connoisseur
AgentBEATS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nintendo DS, HTC Desire
Is there a way to use Calibre to send over collections without syncing a book with it?

I dislike the folder structure that Calibre imposes so I tend to just use it for my metadata, organization and conversion needs and then just open the folder and drag and drop. But this means my tags don't get converted over to collections.
AgentBEATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert