Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
Kevin2088
Enthusiast
Kevin2088 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Beach reading or bathtub reading, anyone?

hi community:

Our company has recently introduced a waterproof case for Kindle 2.
The case has received a very positive feedback from the Kindle community.
We are wondering whether folks with Sony PRS-500/505 have similar need for a waterproof case.

Here is the brief information on our WaterGuard Waterproof Case for Kindle 2

The WaterGuard Waterproof CaseTM guards against any wet environment that Kindle 2 might be exposed to. It is a perfect companion when you bring your Kindle for beach reading. It provides great protection when you get stuck in a rainstorm or accidentally drop you bag in a wet surface. When using the WaterGuard case, the Kindle 2 can be slipped directly into the WaterGuard pocket and the transparent surface provides easy interaction with the keyboard and navigation buttons.

Here is the image for the case

More images can be found at
www.trendydigital.com

Should we make a waterproof case for Sony PRS-500/505??

Last edited by Kevin2088; 04-11-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Kevin2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The easiest solution to bath reading is to just take a shower, done in 5 minutes and you can be back to reading in almost no time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The easiest solution to bath reading is to just take a shower, done in 5 minutes and you can be back to reading in almost no time.
No, this is not a solution. Sometimes, just sometimes ... singing in the rain is simply not enough and you really, really need a hot (make that: nearly boiling) bath. (Okay, sometimes it should be icy instead).

I'd love to get a really waterproof case for my PRS-500. A bathing-enabled case would be nice, a scuba-enabled case would be perfect! (Yes, for those pescy deco stops). (And no, I am not being ironic. I really would buy one of those. But I can understand that the market wouldn't be too large ) At least a snorcling-enabled case (5m water depth would be okay)?
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
Kevin2088
Enthusiast
Kevin2088 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:

in that case, "jacuzzi reading" might be a term more appearing than bathtub reading. 5 minutes wouldn't do justice for relaxing in a warm and comfortable jacuzzi ( with some reading using the Sony reader).
Kevin2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2088 View Post
Here is the image for the case

More images can be found at
www.trendydigital.com
Neither image nor website are working for me...

Quote:
Should we make a waterproof case for Sony PRS-500/505??
So a tentative Yes Please! depending on what it actually looks like!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
You'd get a heck yeah from me! It looks nice. I'd buy for the right price.

Right now I just use a ziplock bag. Does the right job for the right price. But I'd totally go for something that didn't look so... um... yeah... I'd rather have YOUR bag!
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #7
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
What would be the advantage over an Aloksack?

for 19$ I got a nylon map pouch for organizing gear, and two aloksacks that fit my reader.
It is compatible with my hiking pack, and very durable. the Aloksacks that were included are transparent and waterproof to 100ft.

If you could provide a better product,(maybe a silicone shell with a flexible membrane in front, shaped to fit the reader?) or a lower price for a decent alternative I would say yes.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 AM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Count me as interested.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:03 AM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
That's what I do, but I could read a lot of pages in those 5 minutes. I need a waterproof bag to hang from the showerhead....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #10
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I use an Aquapac for my Cybook which is a few inches longer than the device. This is actually a benefit, since it is easy to safely immerse the bag in water to squeeze out the air, which gives better visibility. (I then curl up the end, and secure with an elastic band to stop it flapping out.)

The bag pictured seems too small to enable this operation to be carried out easily and safely.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Yes!

I've thought about getting an Aquapac for my Reader, but like this better because it would be tailored to fit exactly. Wish I'd had one when I went on a cruise in South America last summer! Can definitely see using this on vacation at the lake or in the hot tub on ski trips.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
TheBookResort
TheBookResort began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Splash

I can't wait to get my hands on a Kindle 2 now. Any chance a padded one will be made in case I fall asleep. Don't want to wake up to CRASH!!!
TheBookResort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I use my M-edge Leisure cover in the bathtub. It's water-resistant, not waterproof, but since I've been reading in the tub for decades and never dropped a book, I feel safe enough. It protects from wet hands and humidity, and I'd feel safe enough taking it to the beach - it should keep sand out just fine. It's also easier to hold than just the naked reader or a ziploc bag.

So, I'm happy with what I have.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Does the case have a gripping texture on the edges? My primary gripe about using a plastic zipper bag for water protection is that they're slippery.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #15
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Definitely YES !
I bought my PRS 505 5 months ago and with the summer approaching, I've already began to worrying about taking my reader safely at the beach...

And if you can make the case available in France without shipping cost more expensive than the case itself, I buy it immediately !
karo02 is offline   Reply With Quote